Fed Ex Media Campaign - Gloves coming off

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hell yeah we are mad! And if you are not made then you just do not get it! What ups and the Teamsters are trying to push for is simple. Under the RLA FedEx could be unionized, but it would require all the employees across the country voting in favor of it. So there is a chance that in right to work states as an example, that more employees would vote against it hurting the employees in other locations that do want to join.

If employees in Chicago want to join then those employees decide their own fate without saying North Carolina being able to stop them from joining a union, and that is what this bill is asking for. If a building does not want to join then they just vote no, but that building should not stop others across the country from joining.

We have UPsers that are not union while many of us are.

I have waged war on fed ex, today i gathered 6 accounts and info to hand over to my sales guy in the morning, small accounts but still that will be my work in the near future!

I also asked my management team if i could speak during tomorrows pcm for a couple minutes on this issue. Fedex has attacked us as service providers and our company and if Norman Black cannot come out with something to rebut this then we should!

Yes we complain about the long hours! We complain about the work load, our management team, crap even the top brass that has never even done our jobs! But we work here and we have earned that right! When Fred says that they are more reliable then we are? Is he smoking crack? Even with everything that we complain about we still go the extra mile and service OUR customers and if we all band together we will be servicing Freds customers pretty soon to!

Print copies of Fred press release and hand it out to your co workers!

Overpaid Union Thug

Hell yeah we are mad! And if you are not made then you just do not get it! What ups and the Teamsters are trying to push for is simple. Under the RLA FedEx could be unionized, but it would require all the employees across the country voting in favor of it. So there is a chance that in right to work states as an example, that more employees would vote against it hurting the employees in other locations that do want to join.

If employees in Chicago want to join then those employees decide their own fate without saying North Carolina being able to stop them from joining a union, and that is what this bill is asking for. If a building does not want to join then they just vote no, but that building should not stop others across the country from joining.

We have UPsers that are not union while many of us are.

I have waged war on fed ex, today i gathered 6 accounts and info to hand over to my sales guy in the morning, small accounts but still that will be my work in the near future!

I also asked my management team if i could speak during tomorrows pcm for a couple minutes on this issue. Fedex has attacked us as service providers and our company and if Norman Black cannot come out with something to rebut this then we should!

Yes we complain about the long hours! We complain about the work load, our management team, crap even the top brass that has never even done our jobs! But we work here and we have earned that right! When Fred says that they are more reliable then we are? Is he smoking crack? Even with everything that we complain about we still go the extra mile and service OUR customers and if we all band together we will be servicing Freds customers pretty soon to!

Print copies of Fred press release and hand it out to your co workers!

At first I thought that it would be ok for UPS as a whole to just ignore all of this. I also thought that if we did respond to it then we should go the distance and not hold back any punches. Well, after seeing that ridiculous white board rip off on brownbailout.com I insist that we burry FedEx. We should counter by simply pointing out the facts and exposing the lies on their website. It doesn't have to get dirty. Just simple facts will do.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
dilligaf;

Given that. from "Fred's" perspective, the "Teamsters and organizing" represent the only real impact of the passage the legislation in question, then I would think that, in terms of answering ....

"Can Fred financially survive the passing of this bill?"

...there's not much of place where you otherwise COULD be going with your question...or where any response that sought to answer your question in a reasonable manner could otherwise go, either. It's simply the be-all and end-all of the subject. No way around it.

It simply isn't the be all end all subject. I do agree that it is a major factor but I also contend that we will get customers back because those customers have gone to Fed Ex simply to save money in this economy. If (more likely when) Fred starts raising rates because of the passage of this bill, they will start losing customers.

With that in mind, please spare me the "If I really wanted to know that much I would read the Fed Ex forum."....since it occurs to me that, if such was the case, you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place. I.e. - why would you ask about something if you DIDN'T "want to know" about it?

I asked the question out of curiosity, which I made clear in that post. I did not, nor do I care to have a historical recap of Fed Ex. That is all I meant. And if I wasn't interested in the answers (plural - meaning everyones response, not just yours) I would not have asked for it.

Anyway, sorry if you found my answer unsatisfying. Guess we're back to that "head in the sand" attitude again....which, of course, reinforces my contention that Fred probably doesn't have a heck of a lot to worry about.
I am curious (imagine that) as to who is the 'we are' you are referring to. Would that be you or me or both. You are insinuating that I don't care about the issue at hand. You would be wrong.

705red

Browncafe Steward
At first I thought that it would be ok for UPS as a whole to just ignore all of this. I also thought that if we did respond to it then we should go the distance and not hold back any punches. Well, after seeing that ridiculous white board rip off on brownbailout.com I insist that we burry FedEx. We should counter by simply pointing out the facts and exposing the lies on their website. It doesn't have to get dirty. Just simple facts will do.
There is no ignoring this issue. Fedex will be advertising in newspapers, on tv the radio etc.

We need to take the war to them! Anyone when fedex colors must receive a beating!

We need to stock up on brown spray paint and mark all of their trucks with our sign! We will put UPS over all of their trucks covering their logos.

This reminds of the movie warriors! Fedex come out to play ay! :happy-very:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I was wondering what fedexers had to say on this issue so i read about half of the posts in this thread from another board. Good points from both sides but I see the employees are in favor of this bill passing.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
We need to stock up on brown spray paint and mark all of their trucks with our sign! We will put UPS over all of their trucks covering their logos.

:happy-very:
Lets not try to ask people to do this. If the media gets ahold of this they will blame it on UPS drivers and will blame any damage on UPS regardless if we did it or not. Lets be civil about this and not suggest a "war" between two companies.

Dagoof

such a bad attitude. srsly, take it to another thread.

our business is evolving. this is going to allow us to offer ONE MORE THING over fedex. eventually you will be able to track your package right down to what time it will be delivered.

The way the dispatches are I couldnt tell you what time a pkg will be delivered until I get close to that area. So how without fixing management and how they run would we ever be able to do that? So far I havent seen any evolving in this area in the last 8 years.

Ricochet1a

There is no ignoring this issue. Fedex will be advertising in newspapers, on tv the radio etc.

We need to take the war to them! Anyone when fedex colors must receive a beating!

This reminds of the movie warriors! Fedex come out to play ay! :happy-very:

As as FedEx employee, I'm sincerely asking UPS employees to NOT do anything like this. Any acts of vandalism or intimidation would only STRENGTHEN FedEx's position that they should continue to receive special treatment with their RLA classification. Many FedEx employees are reluctant to sign a union card (should the RLA classification get changed) because they don't want to be associated with tactics like this.

The employees of FedEx are going to have to win this battle against Fred S by taking the high road, and gaining enough public sympathy to get the RLA status changed. Your anger at FedEx over their dirty trick is experienced many times over by the employees of FedEx that have had to put up with this sort of treatment for the past few years.

Let us win this battle, then we can all prosper with collective bargaining powers with our respective employers. Engaging in the tactics of the past will play right into Fred's hands (and virtually end any chance of FedEx ever getting a union for their drivers).

upser_J

haha, this ad reminds me of a spoiled younger sibling, who always got what he wanted in the past, until now... and has nothing left but to cry about it!:crying:

PobreCarlos

I am curious (imagine that) as to who is the 'we are' you are referring to. Would that be you or me or both. You are insinuating that I don't care about the issue at hand. You would be wrong.

dilligaf;

Caring about an issue, and being willing to face-up to it's complications are too different things. With that in mind, I think one can see from your posts that, while you may "care" about the issue, you're also very much set against looking at it from all sides and/or different perspectives. As I see it - and I don't think I'm alone in seeing it that way - that's essentially "burying one's head in the sand". Then again, perhaps you actually feel that ASKING for peoples thoughts, then CRITIZING them for giving to you what you ASKED FOR, does NOT exemplify such conduct. If so, then to each his own.

Anyway, don't take it personally; the condition being discussed is far from an uncommon one amongst Teamsters I've known.

PobreCarlos

Ricochet1a;

Very much agreed. The absolute LAST thing the Teamsters need to do in this situation is to take action that could reinforce the negative image of them that much of the public (along with members of Congress) has in their minds.

In that vein, there's something else (albeit perhaps out of Teamster control at this point in time) that could do damage to "the cause", and that's the [possible] demise of YRCW. If it goes down the tubes before the Senate vote, and it's death is perceived as the result of being organized by the Teamsters (which it inevitably will), then it's going to make things that much harder to get any legislation passed which is thought to benefit the union. One can hope that YRC is (perhaps with the unions aid) to hang-on until after the vote.

P

pickup

i gave a PCM this morning to my drivers (actually two centers becasue I was hell bent on getting this message out - I'm in sales) and I have never had every single eyeball looking at me.

i think with 425,000 employees writing letters, we are in good shape. driver were cheering when i said now is the time to put fedex in the ground.

awesome.

yeah , I know I am a d-ck for doing this, but this might be the reason no one pays attention to all your other pcms

Best of upssalesguy's pcms:[video=youtube;93MEv6y0jlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93MEv6y0jlQ[/video]

airbusfxr

The Boeing company has announced that if FDX buys Airbus no FDX package will ever touch a Boeing employee or familiy member hands. Fred might have opened a can of worms with every one in an union family.

Leftinbuilding

The Boeing company has announced that if FDX buys Airbus no FDX package will ever touch a Boeing employee or familiy member hands. Fred might have opened a can of worms with every one in an union family.
Would be great if UPS could announce they would take those planes since FedEx won't be needing them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A video by Scott Davis about the FedEx situation is on UPSers.com.

Its worth a look.

P-Man

Thanks for the heads up P-Man.

Scott talks about FedEx's spurious and distorted
campaign against UPS.
He says we may be angry and concerned but emphasizes we should not conduct our fight in the public media. UPS will fight this battle in the Congress by educating members of Congress and especially the Senate just as we have being doing for years using the argument of "same job. same law".

He believes these efforts have put
FedEx on the defensive and led them to distort the facts about our business.

I think UPSSalesGuy could help us understand how FedEx uses its Railway Labor Act status as a wedge to gain customers each time we negotiate a contract. FedEx uses the fact that RLA does not allow them to be subjected to a union strike like the NLRB does.

The FedEx approach is questionable in putting it's message out and in fact, a recent New York Times article says FedEx is putting its brand at risk by negatively attacking us.

P-Man mentioned a new Advantage UPS program that mobilizes all UPSers to compete and win against FedEx and any other competitor.
Scott also mentions that he wants us to be ready
to be fully engaged in our efforts to educate Congress when asked. I may have jumped the gun on that by writing letters to my two Senators and Congressman.
He says a grassroots campaign will be launched in the next few weeks so that we can
stand and be counted by communicating with our Senators in a coordinated manner to maximize impact.

He said we have the moral high ground, the facts, and the truth on our side and that we should not stoop to the level of tactics that FedEx is employing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I certainly hope this is true. Personally, I'd like to see Boeing refuse to do business with Smith. Let him buy second-rate Airbus planes. And if Smith does come crawling back, charge him a premium for a Boeing product.

I've read that Mr.Davis of UPS is advocating taking the "high road" with FedEx and Fred's antics. While I certainly respect his opinion, I'm not sure that dealing with Smith like a gentleman will work. Fred has succeeded in the past by being the antithesis of ethical and equitable, much in the manner of his current tactics. UPS wants to duel like nobility with revolvers at 10 paces while Smith has an AR-15 shoved down the leg of his pants.