Fedex Driver DUI seriously injures CHP officer in California

brownburro

I watched multiple ground drivers pass me at 65mph or better last night. Speed limit is 55 in CA. Had a guy pass me on the bay bridge doing 70mph in a 50 zone. They don't care about safety or someone is paying them to be risky. Probably both.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I watched multiple ground drivers pass me at 65mph or better last night. Speed limit is 55 in CA. Had a guy pass me on the bay bridge doing 70mph in a 50 zone. They don't care about safety or someone is paying them to be risky. Probably both.
Not too much difference at UPS but we were paid by the hour and it was always confusing to me that so many feeder drivers burned their runs.

brownburro

Not too much difference at UPS but we were paid by the hour and it was always confusing to me that so many feeder drivers burned their runs.
From what I see on a nightly basis, UPS drivers drive considerably slower than just about everyone else. Why drive fast? Dumbest thing you can do.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Fedex crashes always seem to draw the media's attention to a much greater extent than other trucking companies. I think the reason is that much of the media still believes that X is a federally commissioned operation and all X branded vehicles are company owned and operated. In the future the greatest threat to Ground is finding an insurance carrier willing to write a contract and a what price?
We had a UPS feeder crash around here a few weeks ago, packages all over the interstate, only reason I knew it was us was because I was familiar with the run and time of day.