FedEx Express Aircraft Mechanic Campaign in High Gear

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by chrisgumm, May 4, 2014.

1. chrisgumm

chrisgumm New Member

My brother is an aircraft mechanic with Express in Memphis and told me over Easter that they have been quietly organizing their group themselves since last summer and have picked up a lot of support throughout the country. They plan to file with the Board in Washington this summer.

Good luck guys!

2. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

I wish them luck.

3. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Excellent news!! A small enough workgroup to be successful. It begins...

4. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Good luck guys!

5. DRAisawesome

DRAisawesome Active Member

Go get em. We shall see fedex reaction.

6. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Did you really just narc out a union movement? lol

7. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

I wish you guys luck and it would be a huge win for all FedEx employees.

8. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

It's not a secret anymore.

9. MAKAVELI

I don't think it ever has been.

10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

The mechanics have had organizing campaigns going on for years. What's new is that it now looks like they have the support necessary to get an election.

11. hypo hanna

Do you really think they have made it this far without corporate taking notice?

12. yadig

yadig Member

Fred will give them a raise and so forth... I just wish other work groups could see the benifits of organizing... Maybe this is a start...

13. hypo hanna

He would rather spend three times the cost of a raise increase on crushing any organizing.

14. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

That's a very good observation. Fred loves to be a control freak. He gets his enjoyment out of seeing him and his cronies wealthy and powerful and the peon employees (you know the one's who all helped make FedEx successful) struggling to make ends meet.

15. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep, and that's because he doesn't want to give unions a toehold. To him, that's money well spent. I think Fred's karma is about to turn bad because you can't treat people the way he has for so long without consequences. Couldn't happen to a more deserving miser/rat bastard.

16. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

MFE what do you think the reality is long term? I say there is a good chance of this scenario: Once unionized, it has no bearing on drivers. Over time you will then begin to look at them as "others" "ungrateful" as you do your unionized pilots who you feel are stuck up.

17. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Actually, it's crucial to the drivers. Once they see that Fred can be stomped-on, they will "get it". That's why Smith will spend millions trying to kill the organization of the mechanics. It's illegal to try and buy them off (Unfair Labor Practice), but that won't stop King Rat from trying.

18. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

I do agree that any step is a good step, but it still might not really have any relevance for you. I'm pro-union because it sets a wage for the working man in which I am and it has eroded (thanks to outsourcing) and that doubly hurts us non-unions.

19. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

True. They keep racing for the bottom, and everyone else gets dragged down with us.

20. MAKAVELI