FedEx greases palms in washington??

randomUPSISer

So I've saw a lot of comments about "sleazy Fred S" greasing palms in Washington DC, specifically lately about the FAA re-authorization act, though I've saw similar comments related to the labor lawsuits against FedEx about the independent contractors too.

Anyhow, I was browsing on opensecrets and noticed the following:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/industry.php?txt=M01&cycle=2010

Looks like UPS "greases a lot of hands" too. In fact, we give away A LOT more money than FedEx does. Just thought Id point it out so next time someone say something they know they aren't exactly working for the clean company.

Discuss :happy2:

Every company gives someone money or favors somewhere. What do you think lobbyists are for? Not even the church is clean so don`t get your panties in a bundle.

rushfan

UPS also does it. In USA today, there was an article of apartments/condos owned by various companies in D.C. UPS was amongst them. It's all sleazy in D.C. Both parties Republicrats and Demicans are guilty of getting paybacks.

They pay for these scumbags in D.C., yet they cut out the years old tradition of the "festive Bird"..I am pissed about it. Jim Casey is rolling in his grave!

bad company

semi-pro
The contributions from the United Parcel Service PAC comes from employees and is "voluntary". It is no different than the "Drive" PAC of the Teamsters. Some people choose to give, and some people don't. The PAC money has nothing to do with the Turkeys or lack there of.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred keeps a jar of Vaseline in his suit jacket along with a whole book of checks. It's no coincidence that he lives most of the time in Washington, DC, so he can be closer to those whose strings he needs to pull. He's a smarmy guy, but so are the politicians he deals with. It's pretty sad that we have a government that is basically run by corporations instead of the people.

randomUPSISer

In no way did I mean to imply UPS was "clean". Just that UPS gives more than FedEx does. So if anything, UPS is "dirtier".

That being said, until there is some campaign finance reform of some sort, thats how big business works. I'm not a fool...I realize that

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
It seems even though FDX only contributes less than a third of what UPS gives,they have quite the influence in politico circles; example...huge government contracts.

Kind of surprised how even the contributions were for both parties by UPS. Why not? Getting the majority parties to look out for UPS interests is part of being a global dominate company. Bottom line: He who has the money wields the biggest stick.