FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

Oldfart

According to Fortune Magazine. 9% of Fortune 500 companies pay 100% of employees healthcare cost. For those that don't have a calculator handy, that is 45 companies. In 2001, 31% paid 100%. The average premium went up 4% this year. Insurance cost are not isolated to Fedex. Many companies are dropping a spouse if their job offers healthcare. Fedex has not started that YET. You never know what the future will bring. Now that Fedex is giving retirees a cash payout to buy their own insurance and not paying a portion of the premium, I am sure many other changes are on the horizon.

!Retired!

VERY few companies do that. And yet you complain about FDX. Does UPS pay their employees family premium?
Who complained about FedEx? Not me...
They have changed the rules if the spouse has coverage through his/her employer.
So, if your spouse is eligible for coverage through his/her company, you have to go under their plan...correct? Yet, your dues remain the same...hmm.
You're going to argue with a UPS employee what health they have and what they're allowed?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You're going to argue with a UPS employee what health they have and what they're allowed?
I am a UPS employee. And unlike upstate, my wife hasnt left me.

She is covered under Teamcare like almost every other UPS Teamster spouse in the country, irregardless of what their employers offer.

I don't know what goes on in his little local, but if they don't cover spouses, they're a bunch of chumps.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Keeping her chained in the basement doesn't count.
I'm living the dream buddy.
Funny a guy like you would chime in.

You left your wife in America and ran away to a foreign country because you can't afford to live here.... A real man would go out and earn for his family. But you're a little B*, so you fled to kazhakstan.... Pathetic.

vantexan

You left your wife in America and ran away to a foreign country because you can't afford to live here.... A real man would go out and earn for his family. But you're a little B*, so you fled to kazhakstan.... Pathetic.
Not in Kazakhstan, and am paying off our car, one payment to go. I'm able to travel halfway around the world, still able to talk to my wife every day on video, pay off a car, save to put a new roof on our home, help my parents too, on $22k a year. Not possible if I stayed in the States. People go overseas away from their families all the time. Military, oilfields, mission work, etc so it's not like what I'm doing is exceptional. And as soon as the roof is on she's joining me because she has seen from the video I've taken how nice it is. She wants to retire early too and would have never been able to if she and I hadn't got married. So I'm providing a way out for her from a very mundane job. Judging by the harshness of your posts I can only assume that your version of the "dream" isn't as satisfying to you as mine is to me. Going to live on top of a mountain next month smack in the middle of Georgia's wine producing region. Spectacular views. Enjoy your job, it's everything you deserve and more.

Serf

Going to live on top of a mountain next month smack in the middle of Georgia's wine producing region. Spectacular views
The sheer awesomeness of this is somewhat astonishing. Most people cannot comprehend it. The very notion of it is akin to a trip of a lifetime.

Oldfart

Not in Kazakhstan, and am paying off our car, one payment to go. I'm able to travel halfway around the world, still able to talk to my wife every day on video, pay off a car, save to put a new roof on our home, help my parents too, on $22k a year. Not possible if I stayed in the States. People go overseas away from their families all the time. Military, oilfields, mission work, etc so it's not like what I'm doing is exceptional. And as soon as the roof is on she's joining me because she has seen from the video I've taken how nice it is. She wants to retire early too and would have never been able to if she and I hadn't got married. So I'm providing a way out for her from a very mundane job. Judging by the harshness of your posts I can only assume that your version of the "dream" isn't as satisfying to you as mine is to me. Going to live on top of a mountain next month smack in the middle of Georgia's wine producing region. Spectacular views. Enjoy your job, it's everything you deserve and more.
If you had properly planned for retirement you could have a nice view AND not be thousands of miles from your wife. You didn't and now you are.

bacha29

I think that many of us can't help but be a bit envious of your ability to adapt quickly and easily to the lifestyle changes you find in foreign lands. At the same time let's just hope that for your sake there are no Georgian military assets on that mountain because they would likely be easy pickings for Russian attack aircraft.

Lets' face it When Putin gets done regaining control over Syria and that naval base he holds so dear he will once again focus his attention on regaining total control over the Baltic and East European nations the Russian Empire once dominated.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah OF, reread the post above you, his wife will retire early to enjoy what is left of the golden years...

I'm in a dead end job, butt I make the most of it while planning to be like this:

4065019_o.gif

Butt with more than one property, to have a passive income & travel around the States

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

It was sarcasm, even this dumb truck driver knew that... unless that was directed at upstate?