Fedex vs UPS,who's better to work for?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DS, Aug 15, 2012.

1. DS

DS Fenderbender

This forum originally was meant for upsers to vent and exchange thoughts.
    Recently there has been a deluge of :censored2: off Fedexers in here complaining
    about production standards and the stuff we have put up with for years.
    Who would you rather work for and why?
  2. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

I make more money at UPS and have a Union................Nuff Said
  3. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Game Over !!! End the thread !!!
  4. ymelord

ymelord Active Member

5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Myself ... everything is up to me and if I get :censored2: off, it's at myself.
  6. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

despite FedEx supposedly being more management-friendly, i enjoy UPS and dont mind all the Teamsters bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:

UPS could be a little pickier in who we hire to wean out the slackers and losers, but otherwise it's nice to be able to put up your hands and tell your boss you can't hassle some worker anymore because you'll get grieved
    especially when you're the one suggesting that worker grieve so you won't have to hassle him

7. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

I find the Fedx workers to be quite lazy.
    My building has a pallet of other carriers packages, and once in a while some Fedx will show up to only take selected parcels , leaving the other Fedx parcels to rot.
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'd like their hours but when it comes down to it I searched out ups with a goal of becoming a driver it happened I'm happy.
  9. klolx

klolx New Member

brb government job
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Ups is superior in every way to fed ex. We are the best
  11. CanonPowerlifter

CanonPowerlifter New Member

id say UPS, they make more money.
  12. Necropostophiliac

Necropostophiliac Well-Known Member

Well said.
    1907 to current. Great Company.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

DS, this is a pretty self-serving thread, especially in light of all the uncertainly at Express.
  14. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

What uncertainty?
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

How much to expand and where to invest the profit?

It's not all about you.:wink2:
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

No thank you. They have to work Saturdays, not REAL government employees and it pays less.
  17. splozi

splozi Guest

How can you guys say UPS is a great company with all of the bitching that you do? Either you quit bitching and say it's great, or you continue to bitch and admit they don't know wtf they're doing. You can't have it both ways. The drivers that make up the company may know what they're doing, but it's very questionable whether the people running the circus do.
  18. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Look at the PROFIT$ UP$ is bringing in. You just can't say management doesn't know what they're doing.
  19. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Yes we can have it both ways and it's true a lot of the people that make the decision don't have a clue.

However UPS is still a great company they pay me $31.875 I get free Health insurance, a pension, and Paid time off to name a few things. Fed Ex isn't going to give me that...
  20. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Sometimes it is better to not say anything so as to not confirm what others already suspect.