Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The Department of Homeland Security is alerting Texas authorities to be on the lookout for a suspected member of the Somalia-based Al Shabaab terrorist group who might be attempting to travel to the U.S. through Mexico, a security expert who has seen the memo tells FOXNews.com.
Security experts tell FOXNews.com that the influx of hundreds of Somalis over the U.S. border who allegedly have ties to suspected terror cells is evidence of a porous and unsecured border being exploited by groups intent on wrecking deadly havoc on American soil.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26/terror-alert-mexican-border/

bbsam

Staff member
ooooooooo! What color is the terror code? And what is the difference between the different terror code colors? Red Alert! Red Alert! Whatever the hell that means.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Another Mexico Travel Warning

Travel warning between Nogales and Hermosillo

Reporter: Sheryl Kornman
HERMOSILLO, Mexico (KGUN9-TV) –
Travelers between Nogales and Hermosillo are being warned by the U.S Consulate General in Hermosillo to travel that highway only in the daytime.
A “Warden Message” issued on May 21 notes that a U.S. citizen living in Sonora was found murdered earlier this month. He apparently had been driving on the highway, Highway 15.
U.S. Consular workers are required to travel in armored vehicles on that highway and only during daylight hours. Highway 15 is the major route for U.S. travelers driving from Nogales through Hermosillo to Guaymas, to fishing and snorkeling vacation sites in Kino Bay.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
No clue, the alert must have been issued because I'm flying into Mexico next Saturday !:funny:

You are? Make sure you leave your papers at the hotel when your out and about...if the Mexican police stop you then you can try and contact us from their jail and let us know how they are treating you. :wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
You are? Make sure you leave your papers at the hotel when your out and about...if the Mexican police stop you then you can try and contact us from their jail and let us know how they are treating you. :wink2:

No, they issue a tourist-travel card. That you can also photo-copy, but must have on yourself at all times.
No one in their right mind, as far as I'm concerned, will carry their passport at all times around.
Where do you want to keep it safe while going to the beach ? In the car, that might get stolen, or in the beachbag, that also might get snapped away ?
In your upper shirt pocket, that if you bend down, you might lose it ?

With this new AZ law, I would think it would be wise to issue such a card in the US, too.

Btw: Look whos up north until Friday :

Thu May 27, 2:30 AM

By The Canadian Press

OTTAWA - Business, drugs and Mexico's hurt feelings may all be on the table when President Felipe Calderon and Prime Minister Stephen Harper sit down to a working lunch in Ottawa.

Calderon is in Canada until Friday and expectations are high the visit will help heal the bruising Mexico's feelings took last year when Canada slapped a visa requirement on Mexican tourists to curb bogus refugee claimants.

He may also seek more help from Canada in winning his war on drug cartels _ a war that has piled up 23,000 bodies in four years.

But the real business happens Friday when Calderon pushes for deeper bilateral trade and investment.

He's to meet with business executives in Toronto and hold talks in Montreal with Quebec Premier Jean Charest and the directors of Bombardier, which has an aerospace manufacturing plant in Mexico.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
No, they issue a tourist-travel card. That you can also photo-copy, but must have on yourself at all times.
Wow!!! Mexico is a bunch of Nazi's...you have to have your papers on you at all times...
No one in their right mind, as far as I'm concerned, will carry their passport at all times around.
Where do you want to keep it safe while going to the beach ? In the car, that might get stolen, or in the beachbag, that also might get snapped away ?
In your upper shirt pocket, that if you bend down, you might lose it ?

With this new AZ law, I would think it would be wise to issue such a card in the US, too.
Maybe just photocopy everything and carry that with you.:happy2:

Btw: Look whos up north until Friday :

Thu May 27, 2:30 AM

By The Canadian Press

OTTAWA - Business, drugs and Mexico's hurt feelings may all be on the table when President Felipe Calderon and Prime Minister Stephen Harper sit down to a working lunch in Ottawa.

Calderon is in Canada until Friday and expectations are high the visit will help heal the bruising Mexico's feelings took last year when Canada slapped a visa requirement on Mexican tourists to curb bogus refugee claimants.

He may also seek more help from Canada in winning his war on drug cartels _ a war that has piled up 23,000 bodies in four years.

But the real business happens Friday when Calderon pushes for deeper bilateral trade and investment.

He's to meet with business executives in Toronto and hold talks in Montreal with Quebec Premier Jean Charest and the directors of Bombardier, which has an aerospace manufacturing plant in Mexico.

I wonder how bad Canada would be with illegals if Mexico bordered Canada...

I just want to hear more about Canada...i just cant get enough. LMAO!!!