Feeder question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPS4Life, Dec 5, 2014.

1. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

Well as we all know silly season is here and from what I gathered today's building is now going to following the 70hr/8day rule. Questions.... I feel I am knowledgable with hours of service but never dealt with this.

Is this company wide or just my building?

Is this legal to decide to change the hour rule format of which you follow?

I was told "There is excemtion for retail package delivery under 100 air miles" first statement to that is we aren't retail.

I'm just trying to get some insight on all this seems fishy we seem to do whatever the hell we want. Any insight is greatly appreciated thanks in advance!

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I just heard this from my unloader tonight when I parked my package car. And being that you and I are based in the same HUB, I wonder if it's just some sort of rumor someone is spreading.

3. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

Well we all know how rumors are but apparently a feeder driver on the on call board heard it from one of the feeder managers. Again this came from someone else as I was not at the building at the time but we will see I guess.

Sent using BrownCafe App

4. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

It's country wide. However they cannot force you to work over 60/5 which is in the contract.
    Also if you work 70/8 you'll end up on a rolling clock of DOT hours you'll have to manage.

5. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Last week they changed our break period from on duty not driving to off duty. They are doing whatever they can to give us more hours

6. MaceFremonti

MaceFremonti Active Member

Ours have always been off duty.

7. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

Agreed, ours have always been off duty that's why when you calculate your hours you have to figure for the ten minutes being .17 hundredths a day. Add that to your clock throughout the week so you don't go over your 60

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

UPS will do what they want. I urge everyone to continue to vote for Hoffa/hall or anyone like them.

9. bluebiker

bluebiker Member

Was told we're going to 70hr in 8 days DOT rules effective Dec 7th at 1 am.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Chemo

Chemo Member

Those are sleeper team hours of service rules

11. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

Various buildings ,if not all,are going to the 70/8 HOS. They can not require you to work more than your 60/5. They have been opening it up to try and get drivers to work it. We went to it the week after thanksgiving.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

....which are being extended to include small package operations....

13. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Any one have a link?

14. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

[​IMG]
    Plenty of Links.

But really? A 70-hour week in package car? No thanks.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I do but it's on my cuff.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  16. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I couldnt find anything on it at dot. I dont like the idea, I am recovering from a 60 hr one.....

17. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I wouldn't worry about until you have a pcm or training in the DIAD about changes to HoS. About a month ago we had training on this and it's still 60hrs, minus lunch that's not paid, in a week. I know some locals get paid breaks which would confuse things but everything in the southern supplement concerning driving is unpaid so that time doesn't count towards your 60.

18. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

19. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Be careful with that, the IVIS records it as off duty but the company's logs that they have to show DOT records it as on duty not driving (because it's paid). We just had a guy violate his 60 because he was relying on the IVIS.