First Day, New Route....

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
This will depend upon what the previous driver did. If he stood firm on the pickup times and did not go back you should be able to do the same; however, if he chose to take care of the customer and went back you may have a hard time changing this behavior.

Thats what I hate most about being a cover driver. I haven't a clue on wether the customer is taking advatage of "the new guy" or is it just special curcumstance.

I started a new route tuesday "cover only" and had a manager who didn't know route. He looped it so I dumpted majority of res and light commercial early and did commercia; deliveries with their pickups. There were some upset saying we get deliveries 5 hours earlier. I was on my own Weds. I adjusted to get those customers early but strugled the rest of the day to make a clean run cause trace was crap so I ran late cause remaining stops were many resi Sig only getto and spread out. Yesturday he meet me on road and maped it again to run deliveries with pickups. It knocked an hour off my time but customers mad again. I told them sorry but this is how manager told me to run. Why can't they run the trace the way the driver does it? At least 80% of how he runs. They got 15 yrs. of records on how he does it. He on vaca so it's not like I can ask him. I'm trying to figure it out on my own to meet UPS time expect, Customer and would like to be home for a little before kids in bed. By the time this is worked out I'll be on another blind route and maybe if lucky a blind Sup.

Big stupid qustion remains though. Why can't they set trace based on how the regular driver loops it. Some traces are good. Others are worthless.
I'm getting off topic aern't I.