First day working on the dock tomorrow as a PH, kind of nervous!

HardWorkingGuy

So I started yesterday as a PH at Fedex Ground, and yesterday and today was all the classroom stuff.

Anyways, our manager has done a good job at being blunt and upfront how hard this job is and how hard it is on your body. He said something like when he started he would go home and crash and not move at all.

It's scary for me since I got a full time overnight retail job as well haha
And he said walls avalanche everyday and happen a lot more then they should, which is also scary haha since I got the loading position.

CJinx

Yep. For the first few days after I started as a package handler, I had to drag myself to afternoon classes after working in the morning. I had to wear long sleeve shirts for a few weeks because my arms and body were all banged up and bruised. I looked like an abuse victim. You'll eventually toughen up and it won't be a big deal; but the first few weeks are a shock if you aren't used to physical grunt work.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So I started yesterday as a PH at Fedex Ground, and yesterday and today was all the classroom stuff.

Anyways, our manager has done a good job at being blunt and upfront how hard this job is and how hard it is on your body. He said something like when he started he would go home and crash and not move at all.

It's scary for me since I got a full time overnight retail job as well haha
And he said walls avalanche everyday and happen a lot more then they should, which is also scary haha since I got the loading position.

Make sure you bring lots of water and/or Gatorade. You're going to need it.

fres431

Treat it like training for a sport..3 to 4 weeks of training ya body Ice baths and Ibuprofen

Sent using BrownCafe App