Flynn

fishtm2001

“The Government has engaged in highly irregular conduct to benefit a political ally of the President,” John Gleeson, the court-appointed amicus, told U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in a filing arguing against the case’s dismissal Wednesday.

Gleeson on Wednesday called the DOJ’s reasons for dismissing the case “pretextual” and “conclusively disproven by its own briefs filed earlier in this very proceeding.”

“They contradict and ignore this Court’s prior orders, which constitute law of the case. They are riddled with inexplicable and elementary errors of law and fact. And they depart from positions that the Government has taken in other cases,” Gleeson, who also was once a federal prosecutor in New York, said.

Wow, tell us what you really think Mr. Gleeson.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
On May 18, 15 states’ attorneys general filed an amicus brief illuminating the separation of powers concerns that Judge Sullivan’s appointment of Gleeson has triggered. The state AGs’ brief explains that “the federal judiciary has no authority to make the executive branch pursue (or continue to pursue) a criminal conviction.” Further, the AGs brief cautions that any “commentary” by the court on the wisdom of the Justice Department’s decision to dismiss the Flynn case, including through submission of amicus briefs arguing against dismissal, would be “punditry [that] disrobes the judiciary of its cloak of impartiality.”

fishtm2001

Gleeson correctly argues that DOJ’s reasons for moving to dismiss are such obviously bull:censored2:, the only explanation for the motion is that Flynn is a political ally of President Trump.

newfie

Gleeson correctly argues that DOJ’s reasons for moving to dismiss are such obviously bull:censored2:, the only explanation for the motion is that Flynn is a political ally of President Trump.
Who?
are you saying one partisan hack is accusing another partisan hack of being a partisan hack

oldngray

nowhere special
Gleeson wrote almost the same thing in an op-ed a couple of weeks ago. His bias should have disqualified him from the case. And its not about Flynn now. It is Sullivan scrambling to save his own job because of his blatant misconduct. This hearing is for Sullivan to try to explain his actions to a higher court. Not about whether Flynn is guilty. Flynn will walk free. Sullivan is just trying to stretch things out until after the election.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Of course he should be dropped from this case, because once charges were dropped... the case ended.
No farther action was needed , unlike what is going on.
Legal scholars on both sides are still shaking their heads in disbelief.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
On May 18, 15 states’ attorneys general filed an amicus brief illuminating the separation of powers concerns that Judge Sullivan’s appointment of Gleeson has triggered. The state AGs’ brief explains that “the federal judiciary has no authority to make the executive branch pursue (or continue to pursue) a criminal conviction.” Further, the AGs brief cautions that any “commentary” by the court on the wisdom of the Justice Department’s decision to dismiss the Flynn case, including through submission of amicus briefs arguing against dismissal, would be “punditry [that] disrobes the judiciary of its cloak of impartiality.”

15 Republican AG (politicians as they are voted into office 90% of the time) attempted to kiss the tRump rump by signing a letter!

Of course he should be dropped from this case, because once charges were dropped... the case ended.
No farther action was needed , unlike what is going on.
Legal scholars on both sides are still shaking their heads in disbelief.

Ignorance is bliss in your world.

The "case" was over! The case was presented, the accused pleaded guilty and admitted, in a court of law, to committing the crimes 3 times!

All that was left was the sentencing by the judicial branch of our government when tRump's puppet attempted to short circuit the judicial process for purely political reasons.

Where this all ends has yet to be seen and will be very interesting. We've seen tRump interfere in the judicial process before a case begins (official statements as well as tweets) We've seen him interfere after a case is over. Now he is interfering during the process!

At stake is the integrity of the judicial branch of our government.

Like I said, it will be interesting.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
15 Republican AG (politicians as they are voted into office 90% of the time) attempted to kiss the tRump rump by signing a letter!

The "case" was over! The case was presented, the accused pleaded guilty and admitted, in a court of law, to committing the crimes 3 times!

All that was left was the sentencing by the judicial branch of our government when tRump's puppet attempted to short circuit the judicial process for purely political reasons.

Where this all ends has yet to be seen and will be very interesting. We've seen tRump interfere in the judicial process before a case begins (official statements as well as tweets) We've seen him interfere after a case is over. Now he is interfering during the process!

It
DisastrousDarkEland-max-1mb.gif

vantexan

Flynn was coerced and the original interviewers said he didn't lie. Peter Strzok changed the original 302 interview form to make it appear Flynn lied. He went broke defending himself and finally agreed to a deal where he would admit to lying so that he could stop the financial bleeding and to protect his son who the FBI threatened to go after too. Recently Strozk's texts came out showing this was a determined effort to coerce Flynn and get him removed. So you can claim what you like, if after new information comes out that exonerates a defendant then the government has the right to drop the charges. I hope you never have the full weight of the Federal government land on you. You might get it then. Nah, you'd probably be happy they put you in prison on false pretenses.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Here are some actual lawyers talking about the situation. Sullivan has no authority to appoint his own prosecutor. Flynn was entrapped, his original lawyers were in league with the corrupt DOJ officials who originally brought the charges.

Sullivan is trying to slap Flynn with perjury for trying to vacate his guilty plea, when doing so is common, people who plead guilty as part of a deal are not always actually guilty, and new facts have come to light that justify the withdrawal of the plea.

Sullivan himself should face sanctions for attempting to charge Flynn for doing something that is a normal part of the judicial process, and he should have recused himself from the get go for his obvious bias in the matter. Federal judges, however, rarely face consequences for their misdeeds.

The court of appeals will force Sullivan to do the right thing. Flynn will go free. He has more than paid for any improprieties he may have committed.

Benben

Flynn was coerced and the original interviewers said he didn't lie. Peter Strzok changed the original 302 interview form to make it appear Flynn lied. He went broke defending himself and finally agreed to a deal where he would admit to lying so that he could stop the financial bleeding and to protect his son who the FBI threatened to go after too. Recently Strozk's texts came out showing this was a determined effort to coerce Flynn and get him removed. So you can claim what you like, if after new information comes out that exonerates a defendant then the government has the right to drop the charges. I hope you never have the full weight of the Federal government land on you. You might get it then. Nah, you'd probably be happy they put you in prison on false pretenses.

The original interviewers did the interview before the calls were known!
Claims of a changed 302 is a conspiracy theory, there is no proof just Faux News claims.
His going broke after being paid $400,000 by Turkey without following the law and then lying to the FBI really breaks my heart!
Trying to protect his son, who if his son had not broken the law would not need protecting, breaks my heart.
More idiocy about "texts"? Where are the work emails, the actual evidence? You had a NSA lying and Russia had the blackmail tapes!
Nothing "exonerates" flynn, Barr just said he "should not have been investigated in his opinion" therefore drop everything!

The facts speak for themselves.

Benben

Here are some actual lawyers talking about the situation. Sullivan has no authority to appoint his own prosecutor. Flynn was entrapped, his original lawyers were in league with the corrupt DOJ officials who originally brought the charges.

Sullivan is trying to slap Flynn with perjury for trying to vacate his guilty plea, when doing so is common, people who plead guilty as part of a deal are not always actually guilty, and new facts have come to light that justify the withdrawal of the plea.

Sullivan himself should face sanctions for attempting to charge Flynn for doing something that is a normal part of the judicial process, and he should have recused himself from the get go for his obvious bias in the matter. Federal judges, however, rarely face consequences for their misdeeds.

The court of appeals will force Sullivan to do the right thing. Flynn will go free. He has more than paid for any improprieties he may have committed.

Wow! The Info Wars attorney? Really???

"With leave of the court" pretty much sums everything up.

Like I said, this will be interesting!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A victim of Barack Hussein Obama's corrupt administration and the grip Hillary Rodham Clinton's crooked witch fingers had on the state and justice departments.

They are responsible for the most tyrannical transition of power in this country's history, and the Trump deranged leftists don't care because they have no respect for the United States of America.

Benben

A victim of Barack Hussein Obama's corrupt administration and the grip Hillary Rodham Clinton's crooked witch fingers had on the state and justice departments.

They are responsible for the most tyrannical transition of power in this country's history, and the Trump deranged leftists don't care because they have no respect for the United States of America.

Another racist attack on a former President, why am I not surprised if came from you!

With tRump ending past practice in terms of not attacking previous administrations I am going to enjoy watching where the tRump clan ends up after Biden comes into power in February!

I think I'll start buying soap-on-a-rope to send as care packages for the soon to be criminals currently fouling the White House! Barr and tRump himself will both need at least 2 with the size of their butts!

vantexan

The original interviewers did the interview before the calls were known!
Claims of a changed 302 is a conspiracy theory, there is no proof just Faux News claims.
His going broke after being paid $400,000 by Turkey without following the law and then lying to the FBI really breaks my heart!
Trying to protect his son, who if his son had not broken the law would not need protecting, breaks my heart.
More idiocy about "texts"? Where are the work emails, the actual evidence? You had a NSA lying and Russia had the blackmail tapes!
Nothing "exonerates" flynn, Barr just said he "should not have been investigated in his opinion" therefore drop everything!

The facts speak for themselves.
No one has ever been prosecuted under the Logan Act which is about 200 years old. A lot of people are paid to represent other countries interests in Washington without registering as foreign agents. Lobbyists are everywhere in Washington. And incredibly, and I know you'll love this, guys like you like to point out that guys like Flynn took money from foreign governments to advance that government's interests, but Hillary Clinton as the freaking former Secretary of State refused to turn over 33,000 subpoenaed emails, choosing to delete them and destroy the server and all devices that went emails through that server. Meanwhile during that time period she and Bill's net worth went over $100 million giving speeches. They claimed they were broke coming out of the White House in 2001. These are known facts and Comey let her off on a number of felonies saying he didn't believe the intent to commit a crime was there. Try that with your local judge! So spare me your sanctimony about Flynn.

fishtm2001

No one has ever been prosecuted under the Logan Act which is about 200 years old. A lot of people are paid to represent other countries interests in Washington without registering as foreign agents. Lobbyists are everywhere in Washington. And incredibly, and I know you'll love this, guys like you like to point out that guys like Flynn took money from foreign governments to advance that government's interests, but Hillary Clinton as the freaking former Secretary of State refused to turn over 33,000 subpoenaed emails, choosing to delete them and destroy the server and all devices that went emails through that server. Meanwhile during that time period she and Bill's net worth went over $100 million giving speeches. They claimed they were broke coming out of the White House in 2001. These are known facts and Comey let her off on a number of felonies saying he didn't believe the intent to commit a crime was there. Try that with your local judge! So spare me your sanctimony about Flynn.
There's a reason Flynn concealed the nature of his call to the Russian ambassador.

fishtm2001

Trump’s national security adviser sought to hide from his colleagues and the nation a pre-inauguration discussion with the Russian government about sanctions that the Obama administration was imposing.

fishtm2001

Why was the Trump administration so eager to blunt the punishment Obama gave to Russia for what we now know was gross interference in our presidential election?

vantexan

Why was the Trump administration so eager to blunt the punishment Obama gave to Russia for what we now know was gross interference in our presidential election?
Gee, I don't know. Trump has sanctioned Russia beyond anything Obama did. And Flynn like all incoming officials had discussions with counterparts in many foreign governments. Flynn's lying was Peter Strozk changing his statements to make him appear like he did in spite of FBI interviewers saying he didn't. Don't believe that? Current Federal criminal investigation will clarify that shortly.