Former UPS employee stole $1.3 million in Apple merchandise

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I knew a guy who got caught stealing like $3k worth of stuff from Staples in high school. He was lucky all he got was fired. Lots of good jokes at school followed though. "Hey, [redacted]. I need a new pencil. Could you steal me some from Staples?"

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Dumb stupidvisor

It’s always a supervisor, was he part time? More than likely, driving a 60,000 Audi is a good give away.

During his 13 month crime spree where was L/P? 866 stolen electronics…somebody dropped the ball…

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes. Situationally and in context they were good.
274CA6BF-2536-40F5-8936-8CCCE0EC1A86.gif

Drink Craft Beer

It's always interesting that people think they'll be the first one's to get away with such a scheme.
Reminds me of reading in local police reports of people going through self-checkout lanes in stores thinking they'll get away with scanning 4 items while walking out with 20 other un-scanned itmes. Or using a .59 cent tag to scan 15 items that normally would add up to a couple hundred bucks.

It's just dumb.

worldwide

It’s always a supervisor, was he part time? More than likely, driving a 60,000 Audi is a good give away.

During his 13 month crime spree where was L/P? 866 stolen electronics…somebody dropped the ball…
It's not not always a supervisor...

Chicago UPS Driver Charged With Stealing $187,000 in Louis Vuitton Packages

UPS driver accused of stealing over $100K in jewelry, valuable metals

UPS driver arrested for theft of nearly $200K in gold/silver

This guy also gets "best hair" award:
A seasonal UPS employee confessed to stealing more than $1,000 worth of packages

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
It's not as bad as it sounds, he's Canadian so he only stole 1.3 million in Canadian dollars. That's around 965,000 USD.

Hot Carl

We had a guy who would take HV stuff off the belt and put it into his truck under the guise of helping out his loader. Then he’d stop by his house on the way to his route and drop it off into his garage. Didn’t take all that long for them to catch on.

Brownwind

We had a guy who would take HV stuff off the belt and put it into his truck under the guise of helping out his loader. Then he’d stop by his house on the way to his route and drop it off into his garage. Didn’t take all that long for them to catch on.
I hope someone got paid for turning these guys in. I don’t want to work anywhere near shady people.
Definitely not worth it

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

We had a guy back in the 90's (tan man) that delivered to a computer warehouse. There was a self-storage unit

next door and he had a unit for "personal" things that he would visit every day. Turns out.... he was holding back

computer stuff and stashing it there. We he got caught, he had over 100k worth of stuff.

He and some chick were crack heads and living in some flea bag motel smoking all night.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Hopefully the prison will provide him with a garage at the prison to keep his car pristine until he is released. He can drive it around the yard to keep the battery charged.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Means he most likly had help

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Means he most likly had help

I don’t know ..before I retired we had a 30 + seniority L/P manager who took particular good care of busting these characters after the first stolen cell phone. 866 stolen over 13 months sounds fishy, inside help still does not explain why it took so long to fire him.