Forum Trolls

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The membership of browncafe have varying views both on what constitutes a troll and how to deal with trolls. Some people view mere antagonism as trolling, while others have a more strict definition. Some people want to ban trolls, others want us all to ignore trolls.

Starting now, there will be a new mod policy for dealing with trolling. Anyone reported by 2 or more members to be trolling our forum will have their posts reviewed by moderators and if we determine that they are intentionally posting personal attacks on other members or disseminating bad advice to mislead participants then their custom user title will be changed to "Troll". That way everyone can see that the person has been reported by other members to be trolling our forum. Then others can choose to put them on the ignore list in their profile or choose to respond to or ignore what they say.

The definition that will be used for what constitutes trolling is:
Any member that goes out of their way to make insulting, offensive, or annoying posts to gain attention or upset people rather than contributing any actual content.

Please feel free to continue reporting messages you think are from trolls, and we will continue to address them on a case by case basis. If you feel someone deserves the "Troll" user title, it will help us address the issue if you report trolling posts with the reasons why you consider it trolling (Remember - dissent is not trolling!)

If anyone feels that their "Troll" user title is unwarranted, they may petition the mods to have it removed. The mods will review the issue and make a decision.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The membership of browncafe have varying views both on what constitutes a troll and how to deal with trolls. Some people view mere antagonism as trolling, while others have a more strict definition. Some people want to ban trolls, others want us all to ignore trolls.

Starting now, there will be a new mod policy for dealing with trolling. Anyone reported by 2 or more members to be trolling our forum will have their posts reviewed by moderators and if we determine that they are intentionally posting personal attacks on other members or disseminating bad advice to mislead participants then their custom user title will be changed to "Troll". That way everyone can see that the person has been reported by other members to be trolling our forum. Then others can choose to put them on the ignore list in their profile or choose to respond to or ignore what they say.

Any member that goes out of their way to make insulting, offensive, or annoying posts to gain attention or upset people rather than contributing any actual content.

Please feel free to continue reporting messages you think are from trolls, and we will continue to address them on a case by case basis. If you feel someone deserves the "Troll" user title, it will help us address the issue if you report trolling posts with the reasons why you consider it trolling (Remember - dissent is not trolling!)

If anyone feels that their "Troll" user title is unwarranted, they may petition the mods to have it removed. The mods will review the issue and make a decision.

10-4

I like it and I agree with Cheryl's post.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Its about time!

This is due because of our current situations. Thanks cheryl, this should make things very interesting!

trolololol - YouTube

bbsam

Staff member
Oh come now. This is just silly. What do I have to do to become a 12th level troll wit a +6 hit point and +9 charisma? I think I should at least get a +4 constitution and +4 experience points for trolling the "current events" forum. I would like to petition DM Cheryl for additional consideration given to those neutrally or chaotically alligned given that the structure, design, and rules regulating the dungeon have been suddenly and significantly altered. Furthermore, anyone understanding this petition should forthwith be branded in their user title as "nerd", "geek", or "social idiot".

Thank you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well about time we did something about it.

I really don't understand the point of trolling. Sad that someone's got such a pathetic life that their idea of fun is trolling on a forum.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I thinks it's stupid.
Two people report someone as a troll, so they are therefore labeled as such?
Doesn't seem very objective.
I went ahead and changed mine already.
Whoopty do.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Will one be able to see who is reporting them? If not, I foresee a type of censorship unfolding.

Personally, I find the trollism amusing.