Four Democrats plead guilty to voter fraud

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agreed. Not exactly "fair and balanced" either.

The most "fair and balanced" news program that I have ever watched is that produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC). No, I am not joking--they give an unbiased perspective on US news stories that you just can't get from our media.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The most "fair and balanced" news program that I have ever watched is that produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC). No, I am not joking--they give an unbiased perspective on US news stories that you just can't get from our media.

The BBC is pretty good as well. I like reading foreign reporting on the US because they rarely get caught up in the liberal/conservative spin wars that dominate our major news outlets. Even when they have a bias it's not the same bias that we are used to dealing with so it's kinda refreshing.

804brown

For truly fair and balanced and indept news and analysis try NPR or PBS. Non commerical, no ads usually getting two sides of a issue (dems and repubs) Notice i didnt say both sides because they are fairly narrow in that they only ask d's or r's opinion and not the full spectrum .

bbsam

Staff member
There is no doubt that Fox is right wing biased. Is there a doubt that MSNBC, CNN etc are left wing biased? It's not like we haven't caught them all. Kinda like the voter fraud thing.
True. I remain an NPR fan because even though they are cast as left, it does not get in the way of the reporting and both sides are given ample time to make their point without being shouted down.

804brown

Real scandal and fraud are the two corrupt corporate political parties and how much passion some people have in continuing this corrupt system the way it is. Until we take the private money out of politics and allow our pols to truly represent the 99% of us and not just the 1%, we are all being defrauded!! As long as smart people on here pick sides against each other instead of coming together as a coalition against the rich and powerful, nothing is going to change!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
A robbery, eh, in Alberta eh. News at 11, eh. It may be unbiased but irritating as hell!!

For truly fair and balanced and indept news and analysis try NPR or PBS. Non commerical, no ads usually getting two sides of a issue (dems and repubs) Notice i didnt say both sides because they are fairly narrow in that they only ask d's or r's opinion and not the full spectrum .

I suspect both NPR & PBS as being somewhat biased as well. They may not be driven by corporate dollars but government dollars and private donations. When one side wants to cut the funding and the other wants to increase the funding, it opens the door to bias. Plus if they are leaving out the full spectrum that is hardly fair and balanced.

Even though the results of two parties rarely make significant positive change in the system, I still see it as two sides. R&D.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
luci's opening sentence portrayed the democrats as the "only" party who's involved in election scandals. Everyone knows this is not true. BOTH parties have always been involved in some kind of election scandals over decades.

He knows this, but like foxed spews, tries to label one party as the only guilty party.

If anyone wants to talk about election fraud, then present both sides. I can list pages of republican voter fraud cases for every ONE that anyone can post on democrats.

The original post rated up there with "vinegar and water"

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
luci's opening sentence portrayed the democrats as the "only" party who's involved in election scandals. Everyone knows this is not true. BOTH parties have always been involved in some kind of election scandals over decades.

He knows this, but like foxed spews, tries to label one party as the only guilty party.

If anyone wants to talk about election fraud, then present both sides. I can list pages of republican voter fraud cases for every ONE that anyone can post on democrats.

The original post rated up there with "vinegar and water"

Peace.
Vinegar & Water is one of the best cleaning tools you can have !!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Vinegar & Water is one of the best cleaning tools you can have !!!

You reminded me of a joke:

A man walks into a bar and tells the bartender, "bartender, drinks for everybody except for that :censored2:bag sitting at the end of the bar". the bartender says, "hey, be cool, shes a nice lady", the man takes his drink and tells everyone how he just got a promotion at work and wanted to celebrate! He tells the bartender again, "bartender, drinks for everybody except that :censored2:bag sitting at the end of the bar", the bartender says, "hey man, if you say that one more time, Ima throw you outta here", the man, reconsiders and says "bartender, drinks for everyone in the house", the bartender then says "ok, thats better", he pours all the men their drinks and then asks the woman, "what would you like to drink?", the woman responds "ill have a vinegar and water".

Peace.

wkmac

So lue posts about democrats committing fraud but has nothing to say when TOS links to a Madison case?

The way I see it, Lue was just hunting over a baited field and your only objection is he threw out millet but not the cracked corn!

But I agree, if one were to actually examine the record, both sides are likely equally guilty in abusing the system to their benefit. Sad part is, few people ever consider all the gerrymandering that goes on by both sides to load a political district to achieve a guaranteed election outcome as also rigging the voting game so there you go. This is another reason to vastly reduce the size and scope of gov't down to it's smallest local human scale. It may be by accident and it may be very crude with stumbling outcomes at time but the Occupy movement in respect to the scale of what good governance might actually look like, they are getting pretty close to the best ideal. It's another reason even in all their wrong ideas, I support them because the basic concept is dead on the money. Something that the both sides of the State media miss completely because they are to damn busy defending their real master. And that gets to the next point.

As to the commerical media being right or left, it's an illusion. Not unlike the heel/babyface construct of the professional wrestling business. But in the end where the message really counts, they both are saying the very same thing and that is what the State wants them to do. Say what you want about Ron Paul but here is a guy who ultimately wants to roll back the state in a major way and where is the conservative, so-called small state network in all of this? You know that limited gov't so-called rightwing thingy? Ignoring the guy when they can get away with it. But where is Jack Cafferty over at that "LIBERAL" network at CNN? Fair and pointing out the obvious at times and in others even highly complimentary towards Paul. Cenk and the Young Turks got booted off (WRONGLY) MSNBC for IMO not carrying Obama water (MSNBC owned by GE and the GE is one of the major property owners of the Amerikian SuperState) but Cenk like so many other honest Obama supporters have honest disagreements with Ron Paul and yet they can have an honest discussion on the man and even support him where they agree. And yet where are the hypocrite Fox mouthpieces who claim small state principles? Newt who? Romney who?

Thus I see the American media as some very bad attempt at nothing more than some Shakespearean comedy because it sure ain't history and the only tragedy of it is the victims who watch it and think they've walked away fully informed!

As to NPR, yeah it's still partly supported by state funding and yes I've even gave money to them because I like Nova and Frontline along with the fact their radio network plays both jazz and classical music which I love but I also applaud NPR as when they cover a subject, it tends to spend several, several minutes on it whereas the network commercial media is like premature ejaculation in that nothing is satisfied and you're only left with a sticky mess!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I don't know. Seems like he's against democratic fraud but unconcerned about republican fraud. Just wants to attack TOS. Nothing odd about that?

Hmmm...so the same can be said for YOU. YOU and your buddy TOS are against ANYTHING conservative/Republican and are unconcerned about Democratic fraud. And you and your buddy just want to attack ANYONE who speaks out against ANYTHING that shows Democrat corruption, media bias, throwing the race card, etc. NOTHING ODD ABOUT THAT?