free shipping thursday

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ups2000, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ups2000

ups2000 Member

anyone else thing we are gonna get hammered next week . found this on a local news website.
    More than 700 online retailers, including Toys r Us, Sears, Lands End, Overstock.com, Kohl's, Borders, Brookstone, Crate & Barrel, and JC Penney, to name a few, are offering free shipping on orders placed all day Thursday....with very few restrictions.

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If that's the case I'll definitely get hammered next week. I better pick up a bottle of Crown Royal.:peaceful:

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Excellent! Bring it on.

4. OVER10

OVER10 New Member

I will get to keep my helper for more than 3.14 hours!!

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

3.14 hours, lol. Is that really what they tell you?

6. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

The one day last year I had a helper they told me I could keep him for 59 minutes. Boy did we get a nice rhythm going.

7. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused New Member

I was offered a helper for 1 hour last Friday. Told my sup "No Thank You" as the number of stops that I would gain in that time, I would lose picking him up and talking him home(he lives on-route). What's the sense?

8. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Kept mine 8 hrs. today

9. randomUPSISer

randomUPSISer New Member

Maybe if we are lucky this "free shipping" idea will catch on and start happening at lots of retailers on more days than just Thursday

10. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

Had mine 8 hours today. 9-5. 342 stops, 488 pieces. 91 miles. My runner is awesome.

11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

My Helper works the Preload and then she come rides with me. She got over 50 hours total last week, she worked more hours than me. 224 yesterday, we had a lighter day today with only 214.

12. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

There goes getting home by 6:30 Christmas Eve.

13. Signature Only

Signature Only Blue in Brown

Crown Royal... That's Class!

14. upssup

upssup New Member

"For every King a Crown"

15. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Was 23:15 for me last Christmas Eve ; they cut several routes and overloaded the rest of us. Back in the day, on Christmas Eve they would put everyone they had on the road and even out the work, but that was back in the day.

16. Are you kidding? Cut routes on the 24th? Never heard that one before. Maybe they thought everybody finishes up early trying to go home?! :happy2:

17. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

I remember in the past on Christmas Eve getting back when it was still daylight and food for us to quasi celebrate the holiday. Now they don't have enuf helpers for the last week and they certainly (at least in my center) have any extra trucks to lighten up any overloaded drivers. (And no drivers to driver them since the extra ones are working as helpers.)

We all better have our Christmas shopping done and presents wrapped before this weekend is over.