FT Pkg Layoffs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by King Of Queens, Dec 28, 2008.

1. King Of Queens

King Of Queens New Member

Does anyone know the rate of pay you receive if your a FT Pkg Car driver that gets sent pake to the pre load
  2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

3. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Nope....it's all different depending upon your individual situation. Though it is all written down in the contract.

There's a link right here on this site.
  4. LiL"Comet"

LiL"Comet" New Member

[​IMG] It I believe is whatever the top p/t person (seniority) in building is making on that shift preload or re-load. I could be totally wrong that happens once and awhile j/k.

I tink
  5. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

We have a full time preload. Our preloaders actually make more per hour than a driver. They get the same pay as a driver plus they get a 15 cent per hour night differential because their shift starts after 5 PM. They get very little overtime though.
  6. OopsDriver

OopsDriver New Member

I thought if a full time PCD went to preload because of layoffs he or she was paid their driver's rate, no?
  7. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Guys...it's different if your in progression or out.
  8. OopsDriver

OopsDriver New Member

Sorry, I'm new to all this... but what's progression mean? I made book in August.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Wage progression.
  10. OopsDriver

OopsDriver New Member

Ok, so I am at 15.75, is that what they have to pay me if I go back to pre load during lay off days?
  11. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

In the Southern Region we stay at driver pay unless we work more than seven consecutive in a non-driving job. On the eighth day our pay is changed to whatever our pay would be as a part-timer with equal seniority. I have ten years so on the eighth consecutive day my pay would be changed to whatever a part-timer with 10 years of seniority makes. Whatever that is. That is what the Southern Supplement says. It doesn't say that being in progression is a factor.
  12. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Hopefully, the non-laid off drivers will help ensure the ones who are laid off won't hit that 8th day.
  13. New Englander

New Englander New Member

You southern supplement clearly states that you don't follow the National in terms of layoffs?

The National states while in progression you get what your seniority part time rate would be during layoffs.

Oops - read the contract, there is a link on this very site!