Full time pay increase next contract?

Box Ox

We should wait and see, what the totality of the language is.

Including the supplements.

Is everyone ready to "Jump the Shark" ?

People need to calm down.

-Bug-

You sound like a game developer who releases a “beta” of a game to the public a mere month before its final release. It’s the most polished presentation of their product available because they want to put on the best show they can. But it’s got some major issues. “Don’t worry,” apologists say, “it’s a BETA! Bugs will be fixed!”

One month later: The full game is released in exactly the same state. In fact, it might actually be a little worse in its totality. Oops! The Contract will be no different. The Union blew its “best we’ve got” wad last night and hoping supplements will save us is weak.

Days

The GWI increases don't make sense combined with the start rates. Start rate goes up around 83 cents a year and the GWI comes out to like 1.10 every year. 1.10 -.83 = .27 average raise per year.

So in the year 2023, a new hire will make 15.50 while someone who has been here for like 7-8 years will make 16.85.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Full time driver here for a year and a half. What would the current wage progression look like now if the current contract goes through? Top rate in our center is right around 36. Would it mean any immediate pay increases or still just at the 2, 3, and 4 year marks. Not sure how and when the $4.15 wage increase factors in.
You would go into the 15 year progression, 13 1/2 years to top rate. It's a raw deal but they are really boosting the pension for veteran drivers.

CoolStoryBro

Hopefully there will be some type of catch-up. I didn't read about anything like that in the update for the settlement. Only mentioned a progressive starting wage which will cap out around 15.50 in 2022. It states, "Existing part time employees will recieve the General Wage Increases and make no less than the new start rate."

It sounds like "You will make the same as the new guys with regular raises."

Hope I interpreted that incorrectly.

New guys get the .50 cent per year progression raises. You get the general wage increase. A new dude in August will start at 13 and get 2.50 in raises by 2022. You will get 4.15 in raises over the 5 years.

CoolStoryBro

The GWI increases don't make sense combined with the start rates. Start rate goes up around 83 cents a year and the GWI comes out to like 1.10 every year. 1.10 -.83 = .27 average raise per year.

So in the year 2023, a new hire will make 15.50 while someone who has been here for like 7-8 years will make 16.85.

start rate bumps up to 13 then increases 50 cents per year.
GWI will be .83 per year on average.

mikejonesjr

start rate bumps up to 13 then increases 50 cents per year.
GWI will be .83 per year on average.
So essentially someone here 8-9 years will make a pathetic 1.60ish more than a new hire in 2023. And someone hired in august 2018 will make the exact same as someone hired in 2023. Isnt this a mess or is it just me? Is that not a red flag to someone before this was agreed on

Days

So essentially someone here 8-9 years will make a pathetic 1.60ish more than a new hire in 2023. And someone hired in august 2018 will make the exact same as someone hired in 2023. Isnt this a mess or is it just me? Is that not a red flag to someone before this was agreed on

That's what it seems like to me. The contract kind of screws over current part timers.

The starting rate should apply to everyone as a base. So if you started in 2018 and made 13.00 an hour you would make 14.00 next August. Progression + Increase in starting rate.

Or for current part timers with the 4.10 GWI, they would make 4.10 cents over a new hire in 2023 so 19.60.

Last edited: