Full-time progression

VTBrown

from article 41 of the master:

Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2002, who subsequently are promoted to full-time
employment under this progression, will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate
exceeds that rate.

I'm just looking for a clear explanation of this and if it applies to those of us who have to go through a TWO year pay freeze.

Thanks

You've been offered the one avenue to go and refuse.
Though how can that be any simpler to understand?

If you are currently making more then the progression rate you are circled until the progression rate passes you.

And NO you do not get any of the raises while in progression except the progression raises.

Easy enough?

VTBrown

Well...he came on here asking for contract information. Got several different answers. Then became a dimwit when I said to ask his steward and BA for the real answer.

He's just being too lazy to go the correct avenue to get the definitive answer.

mule

"Well...he came on here asking for contract information. Got several different answers. Then became a dimwit when I said to ask his steward and BA for the real answer.

He's just being too lazy to go the correct avenue to get the definitive answer. "

You don't know local 89. His question is very legitimate for this website, and I don't see how your cocky attitude answers his question in the first place. You throw out common knowledge, and you add nothing. How is he or she a dimwit on UPS and Teamster knowledge when he or she has probably worked at UPS for 13 years? Obviously, he or she knows the language in the contract. He or she is trying to find support for another interpretation of the language. This is how language in contracts are made stronger.

89man

"Well...he came on here asking for contract information. Got several different answers. Then became a dimwit when I said to ask his steward and BA for the real answer.

He's just being too lazy to go the correct avenue to get the definitive answer. "

You don't know local 89. His question is very legitimate for this website, and I don't see how your cocky attitude answers his question in the first place. You throw out common knowledge, and you add nothing. How is he or she a dimwit on UPS and Teamster knowledge when he or she has probably worked at UPS for 13 years. Obviously, he or she knows the language in the contract. He or she is trying to find support for another interpretation of the language. This is how language in contracts are made stronger.

Mule,
Thanks for understanding my point of view. As you point out, the language in our contract sometimes makes it hard to understand what is being said and how it applies. I have tried to get VTBrown to understand that there's a steward already handling this case. The whole reason for my post was not just to get an answer specific to me, but to find out if full-timers in our classification got their pay frozen for 2 years as well.
Also, I try not to let anyone's attitude get to me on here, I realize that there's always going to be people like that on internet message boards. You'd think that union brothers and sisters would have a little more respect for one another and try to be helpful instead of acting like a child.