Fun month Febuary

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Purplepackage, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

I swear this month they are later focused on all kinds of reports.

Start times 10-15 minutes later to make our leave building time look better. Better cut routes and load up other ones to keep on road hours down and projection up for that report.

And here is the best, I worked sunday and they scheduled me for over time saturday (not my problem they didn't notice). My manager asks me if I will take off tomorrow so saturday won't be OT. So they are going to pay me a 35 hour minimum and 12 hours of OT. Sounds like fedex

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I think Saturday would have been double time as it would be your 7th day worked.

3. Purplepackage

It would have been but they don't want to show up on that report lol

4. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

They starting everyone later or just some of you?

Why use 2 couriers for 1 route?

5. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Weird. I worked Sunday (1.5x pay) and will also work Saturday (2x pay)...not sure if they realized it yet. Ha!

6. Purplepackage

Yeah they just realized it today for me.
    Does the 35 hour guarantee include your day off OT hours or is it just your normal schedule

7. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

How did you get overtime on the first day of the week? Better check with your manager before you spend that Sunday overtime, just in case...

8. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Actually not sure...I'm working Sun-M-T-W-T-Sat this week (4 day courier). I assumed Sun and Sat were my OT days because they're my days off...is it actually day 5 and 6 that are considered for overtime pay?

9. Purplepackage

On Sunday I forgot to mark day off and my manager made sure to mark it for me and have me sign a new time card.

Sunday is the first day of the week but I'm pretty sure if yoir scheduled off its OT.

Say your a 4x10 and your off Monday but they ask you to come in, you get OT that day even though it's your first day of the week

10. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

Be careful if they asked you "to take a day off" during the week. You might loose that 35 hour minimum.

11. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

I've gotten minimums AND OT on the same check. Since their worried about you showing up on the '7 day in a row report', just tell them to cover the Saturday route. I don't see why they just don't tell you not to work Saturday, since it's a voluntary day. Whatever.....
    As long as you work your entire schedule, Sunday and Saturday are OT.
    If they ask you to 'give up' a day, you are waving your minimums. I they tell you not to come in, then you get minimums.

12. Purplepackage

You're correct that saturday is voluntary but I literally work ever saturday of the year besides the few times I want to do something. we have been short saturday workers for a long time so there's 3 of us that have been working saturday OT consistenly for a little more than a year

13. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Wait, do you work at my station? Ha! I'm doing the exact same thing since Saturdays are easy money.

14. Purplepackage

East or west coast? Lol

15. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

But, it's still voluntary. What I'm saying is, if they asked me to take a day off during the week not to have 7 in a row, I would tell them 'No, I'll take Saturday off instead' and let them figure it out. But, that's just me.

What did you end up dong?

16. Purplepackage

I agreed to have off yesterday, and by chance they got 1 to many sick calls and had to have me come in. So long story short I'll be getting double time tomorrow

17. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

They've been asking for anyone who wants LWOP for the next couple of weeks here.

18. Purplepackage

It's the normal febuary cut as many hours as possible. Same story every year.

The only day of the week you can pretty much get away with a bunch of hours is monday

19. Slick silver

Slick silver Active Member

I was told at my station that LWOP was non existing anymore and are station is basically staffed with enough people. I actually ask my manager if I could take a couple days since I'm out out all days

20. Purplepackage

My station is all for LWOP its usually around January/February when no one is on vacation and the swing drivers have nothing to do