Future dispatcher

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Holydriver, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

Call me crazy, but I think that once Orion is fully implemented and has had a few software upgrades that the human element of route dispatching will be eliminated. That'll save ups tons of money by eliminating that position so you know they like that idea.

Here's how I see it, higher up tells center manager to run 10 routes, center manager makes adjustments for G8s and 9.5ers, then selects route and total stop count to load on it, and Orion does the rest. What say you, smarty pants?

2. Fragile

Fragile Active Member

What is a G8

3. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

One more than G7, and one less than G9

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

Oh, pardon me, sir. A relief of overtime. Please accept my most humble apologies...

5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

They do that now, unfortunately Orion lacks any real world variables and as such can never be soley relied on. The main factor is the driver, human's, unlike the dots on a screen, are different.

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

7. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

They can already do that. They can select the number of routes and the computer already generates that. But we have the human element that screws with it every second and messes up all the plans.

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I want a to be a G8

9. Come on! I enjoy the adventure.3 stops of this route,3 off of another, then bypass a whole section for one airsaver.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Wants 8 hrs. No matter. That's me. Never more than 9hrs for me

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  11. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

what I've seen with ORION is less center managers. I worked in a builiding where they used to have 4 center manager's, now they have 2. You will see less managers because of the work preload can do with ORION.

12. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

Orion will supposedly reduce miles. But it will eliminate a human position at every single UPS center. Think of how many people that is and how much money that'll save. Genius! Now go get in the food stamp line with the rest of the displaced workers

13. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

That does not compute
    Will Robinson !!!
    image.jpg

14. Boulevard859710

Boulevard859710 Active Member

The company will probably get rid of drivers before manager sad to say.

15. They should get rid of the bean counters and use some common sense. My center manager already admitted they lost accounts due to Orion. But get a sales lead....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I say
    image.jpeg

17. Boulevard859710

Boulevard859710 Active Member

I know. This company is full of contradictions.

18. It gets worse by the day.

19. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Do you have Orion yet?

It's not going to be putting dispatchers out of work anytime soon.

20. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

These knuckleheads should let us do our p/ups like normal and use Orion as a tool to save miles. We don't make money if we don't p/up packages. I don't get how they are forced to swallow this business model bologna from upstairs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List