Get Your Shotguns Ready. Amazon Air Is Coming

over9five

Staff member
All it's gonna take is one child running up to the drone to get that package, and having their arms taken off by the rotors, to have this plan grind to a halt.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All it's gonna take is one child running up to the drone to get that package, and having their arms taken off by the rotors, to have this plan grind to a halt.
In all likelihood, the drones will only deposit the packages in or on some sort of receptacle that is situated for that purpose.

wkmac

In all likelihood, the drones will only deposit the packages in or on some sort of receptacle that is situated for that purpose.

Your post made me think of a comical thought. To insure the public doesn't come in direct contact with drone causing injury, Amazon drops package from 500 ft. via parachute. Customer service phone line is overload with "package in trees" complaint.

over9five

Staff member
nsa-plz-don-amp-039-t-hurt-me-amazon-drones_o_2583607.jpg

Could have been worded better, but pretty funny!

By stating this, would you have a problem if someone stated that a racial term for a black person would have a field day stealing them bother you?
I'm a hillbilly and I'd defend blacks Jewish people and any one to a fault. A white guy calling himself a redneck ore a white guy calling himself a hillbilly is more than ok. If a African American calls himself something I have no problem with this. So on with Jewish people and Arabs both Muslim and Christian. I think you are trying to stir something up.

browntroll

or someones pet dog, headlines are gonna read "amazon drones attack friendly dogs". i can imagine the trouble drivers get from dogs
now imagine drones since they look like a chew toy for them.

upsgrunt

I'm a hillbilly and I'd defend blacks Jewish people and any one to a fault. A white guy calling himself a redneck ore a white guy calling himself a hillbilly is more than ok. If a African American calls himself something I have no problem with this. So on with Jewish people and Arabs both Muslim and Christian. I think you are trying to stir something up.

Not trying to stir anything up. I am a Christian, I don't hate anybody or any race either, and I try to practice tolerance the best I can. If I certain label bothers me, then it should be given the same sensitivity that a label or name that bothers someone else, no matter what color the messenger is.
All I'm asking for is for people to see another point of view without diminishing it as trivial just because they feel their feelings are more valid.

I had no other intentions.

Not trying to stir anything up. I am a Christian, I don't hate anybody or any race either, and I try to practice tolerance the best I can. If I certain label bothers me, then it should be given the same sensitivity that a label or name that bothers someone else, no matter what color the messenger is.
All I'm asking for is for people to see another point of view without diminishing it as trivial just because they feel their feelings are more valid.

I had no other intentions.
I think the term redneck doesn't mean that someone's a raciest or that it's a bad term. It's a term of endearment between two rednecks. I grew up poorer then poor. Some would say white trash. I have some white trash brothers that I'd call that to as being friendly.

blkmamba

Ultimately, the goal would be an unmanned drone that could utilize GPS technology. This is the only way that drones could ever represent any sort of a threat to our jobs. But even if the computer technology is eventually developed to safely fly and navigate the drone without human assistance, you are still running into the brick wall of power-to-weight ratio in terms of the drone being able to carry a meaningful amount of cargo. Having a greater lift capacity requires a more powerful motor...which weighs more than a small motor and uses more fuel...which adds even more weight and size to the equipment....which in turn requires even more power. I simply cannot imagine drone deliveries ever representing more than a miniscule percentage of our daily delivery volume.

Honestly, my gps in the car is not 100% accurate, I would hate to leave a delivery up to an unmanned drone.