Unleashed

So to start off, I’ve been with the company for around 7 years so far and I’m a FT PKG Car Driver.
I’m in the position where I will have a fiancé soon and eventually be married. Don’t have any vacation/option/personal days left for this year as I’ve needed to use them earlier in the year.
My question is: what would I need to do to take 2 weeks off for the process (gotta travel to outside the US) to finish everything (engagement party/planning/paperwork/etc etc)?

I read about FMLA and unpaid leave of absence and personal leave of absence, I can’t figure out the differences though and if I can qualify for any of them.

thanks for any help

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So to start off, I’ve been with the company for around 7 years so far and I’m a FT PKG Car Driver.
I’m in the position where I will have a fiancé soon and eventually be married. Don’t have any vacation/option/personal days left for this year as I’ve needed to use them earlier in the year.
My question is: what would I need to do to take 2 weeks off for the process (gotta travel to outside the US) to finish everything (engagement party/planning/paperwork/etc etc)?

I read about FMLA and unpaid leave of absence and personal leave of absence, I can’t figure out the differences though and if I can qualify for any of them.

thanks for any help
Wait until you have vacation next year

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You don’t have to immediately get married after you propose lol
If you’re that desperate to be married call out and go have a shotgun wedding

badpal

Was talking to my brother in law a while back , He said where he works if you take FMLA they eventually find a way to get rid you. I told him at UPS seen guys apply for it too take thier cat to the doctor.

thanks for any help
1st - Don't *ing do it.

2nd - If you have no time off, you get no time off.

3rd - Don't *ing do it.

542thruNthru

thanks for any help
You could ask for a leave of absence but they don't not have to grant it.

FMLA, you would need a doctor to say that you have some sort of medical reason for needing time off.

Sounds like you didn't plan this out well. Great start to a marriage. Lol

Unleashed

Details?
I’m already overseas and something came up with her sister that she had to travel for medical care for a month. The fact that I’m overseas is using my vacation and time off for the month. She won’t be back until after I’m gone back to the US and was trying to figure out a way to extend 2 weeks.

nothing to do with bad planning or citizenship. Family emergencies come up and that’s what happened with her. I already have dual citizenship.

iruhnman630

If you manage to find a way to legitimately get two extra weeks of vacation by getting married, let me know how to do it.

I could use two more weeks off in October

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

thanks for any help
FMLA?...SERIOUSLY?
innCDft3lGE3.gif

So with 7 years in, you have plenty of vacation.

Old school responsible way would dictate delaying personal gratification until you have more vacation weeks which reset every anniversary date. Travel then.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Details?
I’m already overseas and something came up with her sister that she had to travel for medical care for a month. The fact that I’m overseas is using my vacation and time off for the month. She won’t be back until after I’m gone back to the US and was trying to figure out a way to extend 2 weeks.

nothing to do with bad planning or citizenship. Family emergencies come up and that’s what happened with her. I already have dual citizenship.
Sounds like a sign that it isn’t meant to happen right now.

J.D. Hogg

:blahblah: I want two weeks off with pay, but I don't have any vacation time left! :blahblah:

Guess you'll have to wait until your vacation days are replenished.

Re-Raise

Almost every wedding I have been to has been on a Saturday with the ceremony lasting about an hour and the reception immediately following.

hope this helps…

Zowert

Was talking to my brother in law a while back , He said where he works if you take FMLA they eventually find a way to get rid you. I told him at UPS seen guys apply for it too take thier cat to the doctor.
That’s funny because there’s a guy here who legit got on FMLA to take care of a dying pet. I’m not sure if that’s what he told the doctor who signed off on it but that was the reason. Just wanted to spend a week with his 16 year old dog before he put it down.

DiadesSuk

Ive watch 90 day fiance lol.. I know how this turns out. She uses you for the citizenship, she beats your ass and becomes verbally and physically abusive. Gets arrested then deported lol.. It's not worth what ever the mail bride site is charging you!