Glad I left Brown sucks!

I was a former employee a few years ago. I was a supervisor and it sucked big time. Worked 12-15 hours a day and still got paged at home while sleeping. All for that little MIP(at the time it was in the high 2's). Hell if I worked that much for 2009's chump change MIP, I would have gone to the mental ward. The monthly salary is small. I would have made more money as an hourly with the type of hours I was working as a supervisor and would have had better benefits. To those who are thinking of management, don't do it. I found a new job that's a lot less stressful and 8 hrs a day with no pages at night. If I can do it you can too. Anyways, I hear they are currently trying to do a buyout. Glad I am no longer there. Everytime I see the place it makes me think how in the world did I work there all those years. I should have left after 2 days.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was a former employee a few years ago. I was a supervisor and it sucked big time. Worked 12-15 hours a day and still got paged at home while sleeping. All for that little MIP(at the time it was in the high 2's). Hell if I worked that much for 2009's chump change MIP, I would have gone to the mental ward. The monthly salary is small. I would have made more money as an hourly with the type of hours I was working as a supervisor and would have had better benefits. To those who are thinking of management, don't do it. I found a new job that's a lot less stressful and 8 hrs a day with no pages at night. If I can do it you can too. Anyways, I hear they are currently trying to do a buyout. Glad I am no longer there. Everytime I see the place it makes me think how in the world did I work there all those years. I should have left after 2 days.
Cult indoctrination processes do work well. :wink2:
Once you realize it's just a job it gets better.

Last edited:

UPS Lifer

This sentence tells me why you are no longer, if ever, a sup.
Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
Welcome to Brown Cafe.

Good Point!

In all my years in management, I saw abuses in the system but they were never long term. You might have a 12 or 15 hour day but rarely did you endure 60 to 70 hour weeks over and over again. I had a center with 4 full time supervisors before there were dispatch supervisors and pm supervisors and every week we would plan out a schedule so no one would have to work more than 9-10 hours and the supervisors would rotate 1/2 days on Friday. Once California started with the management lawsuits (PT & FT supervisors) the whole concept of center management (hours) changed.

I had a challenge with part-time management back in 2000-2004. I had a Sunday operation that usually went from 16:30 to 13:30 (the next day) and it took 5 more operation supervisors than I had normally during the week to run. To keep people from leaving we had to think outside the box. Stagger starts, giving days off - supervisors that only covered lunches and occasionally we would have those Sundays when a feeder or two would break down or hit weather and you could tack on another 3 to hours. BUT, I had to make sure that those supervisors were compensated for their time one way or another besides what California law permitted. If I didn't do that, I would have had supervisors leaving left and right.