Global Warming Pseudoscience

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I figured I would start a thread on Global Warming / Climate Change so we can expose the pseudoscience on both sides of this change happening to Mother Earth.

Man-made climate change has increased surface temperatures across the planet,

Zman

Last edited:

rickyb

I figured I would start a thread on Global Warming / Climate Change so we can expose the pseudoscience on both sides of this change happening to Mother Earth.

Man-made climate change has increased surface temperatures across the planet,

Zman
so you think this article is fake?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Marine heatwaves are wiping out coral reefs, and accelerating the melt-off of glaciers and ice sheets driving sea level rise."

This is false. Corals are starving due to lack of nutrients as a result of over fishing.

As for warmer water being less able to absorb carbon dioxide, this goes against physical properties of matter. The warmer a substance, the more of other substances they can contain, since the added heat creates more room between molecules.

There have always been thermoclines, and their levels change pretty regularly. I don't know enough about oxygen levels in deeper ocean waters, but molecular oxygen is generated by photosynthetic plant life. That life is present where it can photosyntehsize, which is not in the lower reaches of the ocean. That's not to say that oxygen could not have built up in the deeper waters, but that is not where it comes from.

I rate this article almost entirely anti-science climate alarmism.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
IMHO, the lack of oxygen at the deepest levels of the oceans is being caused by all those alien ships hiding down there.
So man made climate change is the wrong term to use.
It's alien climate change.
And the first thing we have to do is tax those aliens to prevent any more damages.

newfie

We should rejoin the paris climate accord and pay an incentive to China as an emerging country to clean up their country.
more liberal nonsense

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We should rejoin the paris climate accord and pay an incentive to China as an emerging country to clean up their country.
more liberal nonsense

China does have about 3 trillion in US dollar denominated debt. Many "private" firms are just not paying their debts because they don't have the US Dollars to pay them back. China is handling it by attracting new foreign investors by offering high interest bonds. We'll see how that plays out.

rickyb

China does have about 3 trillion in US dollar denominated debt. Many "private" firms are just not paying their debts because they don't have the US Dollars to pay them back. China is handling it by attracting new foreign investors by offering high interest bonds. We'll see how that plays out.
america is a sinking ship. china has ideologically beat you, technologically beat you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ice covered a good chunk of North American during the last ice age. The ice was miles thick! Then the earth warmed all on its own.

This has happened many times.

rod

Retired 22 years
I try to do my part to get this big ice melt speeded up. The sooner California and the East coast flood out the better.

rickyb

Wrong. It's almost like you don't know anything about China other than the Communist Party is in charge.
thats what the guys i listen to say. its pretty obvious america is a dying empire. chinas banks are public, the govt owns the debt unlike america's for profit banks owning the debt.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
maybe not, i think a canadian just tried to kill our president
You Hicks would Hope.

I like her sister better!

1601611172950.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
thats what the guys i listen to say. its pretty obvious america is a dying empire. chinas banks are public, the govt owns the debt unlike america's for profit banks owning the debt.

We're not dying. We're under attack from within, partly by the Chinese, and other commies. You know, the ones who say good things about the CCP, which is actually guilty of actively committing atrocities against humanity.

China may sign on to any climate treaties you put in front of them. They just laugh behind closed doors and keep doing what they always do, build more coal fired plants, and dump toxic mining by-products into lakes. They'll keep pointing the finger at the US, and your guys, their agents, will keep reading the scripts the CCP gives them.

China took a big hit from Covid, but, thanks to their highly effective propaganda machine, including their many foreign agents, they were able to turn the situation to their favor. Without that, they would be well on the road to collapse.

rickyb

We're not dying. We're under attack from within, partly by the Chinese, and other commies. You know, the ones who say good things about the CCP, which is actually guilty of actively committing atrocities against humanity.

China may sign on to any climate treaties you put in front of them. They just laugh behind closed doors and keep doing what they always do, build more coal fired plants, and dump toxic mining by-products into lakes. They'll keep pointing the finger at the US, and your guys, their agents, will keep reading the scripts the CCP gives them.

China took a big hit from Covid, but, thanks to their highly effective propaganda machine, including their many foreign agents, they were able to turn the situation to their favor. Without that, they would be well on the road to collapse.
no empires over extend and eventually destroy themselves. so americas big mistake was invading iraq. and you are destroying yourself with your likely record corruption, military spending, and police state / loss of civil liberties which is the empire turning in on itself.

i understand the countries signing onto anti global warming is a symbolic gesture but its better than nothing! its up to we the people to put fear into our govts to play their hand, this is how change works under this system.

i havent followed the covid thing too closely but some of the dictatorships have done a good job like china, thailand.