Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by 100yrs.b4myBirthday, Oct 26, 2012.

1. 100yrs.b4myBirthday

100yrs.b4myBirthday New Member

What have you found to be your favorite all around glove? Mainly for the couriers.
  2. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Black rhino boxta. By far.
  3. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Not these ugly purple ones they now give us.
  4. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

I use the black fastfit mechanix gloves . $14.99/pair or $9.99 when they go on sale. They last a little over 3 months.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Real men don't wear gloves.
  6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The local John Deere dealership gave me a pair of gloves. They are fantastic for working the board, driving and all that. Warm and not too heavy. Figured I would buy a couple pair to have when the freebies wore out. $39.95. I had to pass. Now I only wear them off-duty, I am afraid to wear them out.

When you find a pair of gloves you like, buy more. Change during the day so they can dry out. Dry hands stay warmer, longer.
  7. Downwardspiral

Downwardspiral New Member

Agreed. Real men load their own trucks as well.
  8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Really??? Cause my hands are so dry that my fingers crack and bleed.

Not cool.
  9. 100yrs.b4myBirthday

100yrs.b4myBirthday New Member

I like the fast fit Mechanix gloves too, they last me about 2 months. They are great for being able to work the scanner.
  10. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Football gloves, skin tight, get for the board..

I like the new version of the purple ones that we get, they're solid black. The downside is that they don't last for very long. I usually get about 4-5 months out of a pair, depends on how many times I wash them, and I also rotate 2 pair a day, one for loading and one for the road.

Go to The Leading The Gloves Guy Site on the Net . This is a company that is mobile and will deliver to you.
  12. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Lotion after washing your hands would prevent that.
  13. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

14. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

harbor freight specials... i only get 'em on sale @ $3.99 a pair

these are thin like the more known brand, Mechanix thin gloves, but they wear out fast at the same rate as the +$20 ones...

once the fingertips wear out, i convert 'em into 1/2 gloves & use it until the palms wear down as well
  15. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Best Gloves I've ever used were any kind of Framers Gloves, they have a cut off index and thumb.
    perfect for working the PPAD. Of course I only used these many years ago when I worked at UPS as a driver, now at
    FedEx I don't wear gloves, I don't work nearly as hard. ;)
  16. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Yeah, same here.
    I'm on an envelopes only route. If your shipment doesn't fit in a FDX envelope, you gotta call 1-800-pick-UPS
  17. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Well my routes haven't been that easy, but handling 25-30boxes(2-25lbs) is a bit different than 400 pieces and the average weight of 23lbs(estimate)
  18. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I was only kidding.

About the envelopes only, not kidding about telling a customer to call UPS if it's bigger than an envelope will fit.