Google maps... editing markers

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I DONE BEEN ON THIS ROUTE 15 YEARS CAIN'T NOBODY TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB!!1!
The courier who's been on their route for 15 years knows Mrs. Smith, who lives 15 miles from town, works at the library and is happy to accept delivery there. One of many time-saving scenarios.

Where can you find that in the ROADS algorithm?

Star B

White Lightening
I'M A MANAGER! I CAN RUN ANY ROUTE BETTER THAN ANY COURIER BECAUSE I'M NATURALLY SUPERIOR! THAT'S WHY I'M A MANAGER!!
BACK WHEN I WAS A COURIER IN $city_nowhere_near_here I COULD DO 120 SPH IN THE FREEZING RAIN AND DELIVER ALL THE ZAPMAIL FOR THE WHOLE STATION.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The courier who's been on their route for 15 years knows Mrs. Smith, who lives 15 miles from town, works at the library and is happy to accept delivery there. One of many time-saving scenarios.

The exception that proves the rule...

59 Dano

I'M A MANAGER! I CAN RUN ANY ROUTE BETTER THAN ANY COURIER BECAUSE I'M NATURALLY SUPERIOR! THAT'S WHY I'M A MANAGER!!

Never known a manager who thought that being a manager meant he could run a route better than someone else. Must be your inferiority complex.

vantexan

Never known a manager who thought that being a manager meant he could run a route better than someone else. Must be your inferiority complex.
I knew a mgr who arrogantly thought he could run a very rural area better than that courier. Took 31 stops off of him to do after taking care of other business. Brought most of them back unattempted and got a warning letter from the senior. Got fired after two more warning letters in 12 months. Same guy who took a route off our loop and spread it's stops amongst the other four and killed us. We didn't miss him. Gosh there were so many more like him I don't know where to start.

59 Dano

I knew a mgr who arrogantly thought he could run a very rural area better than that courier. Took 31 stops off of him to do after taking care of other business. Brought most of them back unattempted and got a warning letter from the senior. Got fired after two more warning letters in 12 months. Same guy who took a route off our loop and spread it's stops amongst the other four and killed us. We didn't miss him. Gosh there were so many more like him I don't know where to start.

I knew lots of couriers who thought they could run the station better than their managers. All talk.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Tomorrow aftahnoon, I think it's supposed to start.
Ruh roh! That storm delayed a few feeders from reaching us... most of us were half capacity & I was done by 1700

Only a few flowers, candy, Victoria Secret stuff were on my truck today.

Gonna be slammed on V-day Thursday, wheeeeeeeeee!

59 Dano

You would find it in eNotes, unless the courier was too stupid to know how to make an eNotes entry or he was one of those guys who refused to use eNotes so that he could make the exact argument you're making in your post.

59 Dano

And I knew managers who could actually run a station instead of arrogantly thumping their chests on forums.

Speaking of arrogance, care to tell us for the millionth time about how you did it all, and did it better than anyone else, and covered more ground, and ran more stops, and were the MD's favorite?

vantexan

Speaking of arrogance, care to tell us for the millionth time about how you did it all, and did it better than anyone else, and covered more ground, and ran more stops, and were the MD's favorite?
Sure, how many hours do you have? And you know why I told you that stuff? Because you used to tell us that couriers weren't able to understand the complexities, the big picture, of what was being attempted by management. It was above us. That if we were on the ball we wouldn't just be couriers. And if we did talk about something we knew something about, and you didn't, you'd dismiss it with talk of black helicopters, etc. After all, we're just couriers. You couldn't be more puffed up with your own self importance if you tried. Thankfully no longer an issue for me, off the merry go round.

Star B

White Lightening
You would find it in eNotes, unless the courier was too stupid to know how to make an eNotes entry or he was one of those guys who refused to use eNotes so that he could make the exact argument you're making in your post.
whats the point of enotes when you drive to the stop, open it up, and see "OK2INDIRECT TO LOCAL LIBRARY SHE WORKS THERE"... you lost the time anyway! Plus with the magic of DRA, nobody has an "area", so a different courier might get that stop next week..

eNotes works great for things like "dock door #3, ring buzzer and fart". "driveway long but good turnaround at end"... or my favorite (in operational notes...) release 8675309.

SmithBarney

Wishes ground can have that option.
Ground has enotes access.. if that is what you are referring. They've marked stops closed, that we can't delete, and it affects Roads, Closed packages get auto diverted not to be seen until the next day, customers pissed.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There's that Superiority Complex rearing its ugly head again. I'm one of those guys who believe that route shortcuts I procured and developed are mine to be shared at my option. Route knowledge that consists of gate codes, identifiers such as house color, out of sequence, etc. goes into E-notes. Shortcuts such as unmarked roads, or where someone works, are proprietary, and protects my advantage over swings who run, work through lunch, etc.

vantexan

There's that Superiority Complex rearing its ugly head again. I'm one of those guys who believe that route shortcuts I procured and developed are mine to be shared at my option. Route knowledge that consists of gate codes, identifiers such as house color, out of sequence, etc. goes into E-notes. Shortcuts such as unmarked roads, or where someone works, are proprietary, and protects my advantage over swings who run, work through lunch, etc.
Exactly! In a Texas station had a mgr who was telling swings to do whatever it took to make couriers look bad so that he could rag on them. And these two swings were happy to do that, loved to rag on people too. Had a rural route that from the air the roads probably looked like a bowl of spaghetti, if you could see them through the deep tree cover. I knew where all the shortcuts were, and it used to infuriate them. And kept the mgr off my back.