GOP Rep. Michael McCaul calls Tommy Tuberville’s military promotions blockade a 'national security problem'

vantexan

Tubs is free to introduce a bill that satisfies his worldview. He should leave the hard working men and women of the military alone instead of dragging them through this crap. They had zero to do with it all while promising to risk their lives for this country.

Tubs sucks. He’s the one playing politics.
Any time I hear a Democrat supporting the military I want to wait for the punchline.

Next Day Err

Because too many Democrats in power have denigrated the military.
Ok, I am sure there have been Democrats in leadership that have denigrated the military.

Since you brought up Democrats in leadership I’ll remind you that Trump dodged the draft and later denigrated the military. Ask John Kelly what Trump asked about Kelly’s son’s service.

vantexan

Ok, I am sure there have been Democrats in leadership that have denigrated the military.

Since you brought up Democrats in leadership I’ll remind you that Trump dodged the draft and later denigrated the military. Ask John Kelly what Trump asked about Kelly’s son’s service.
And I'm sure that Trump got specific in an unpleasant way. But few presidents can say they did as much for the military as Trump.

vantexan

Next Day Err

What about him?
He was completely disrespected by Trump and many supporters. I have never seen such utter disrespect for someone who fought bravely in battle time and time again for our country. People immediately took Trump’s word for it that Milley was a flake and a traitor without stopping for a few minutes to read up on the issue.

I’m :censored2:ing sick of Republicans acting like they own patriotism. Democrats have fought in battle for the country. Liberals have died on the battlefield. Enough with this patriotism gatekeeping bull:censored2:.

vantexan

He was completely disrespected by Trump and many supporters. I have never seen such utter disrespect for someone who fought bravely in battle time and time again for our country. People immediately took Trump’s word for it that Milley was a flake and a traitor without stopping for a few minutes to read up on the issue.

I’m :censored2:ing sick of Republicans acting like they own patriotism. Democrats have fought in battle for the country. Liberals have died on the battlefield. Enough with this patriotism gatekeeping bull:censored2:.
Milley went behind Trump's back to assure the Chinese he would warn them if Trump decided to attack them. And you want to talk about patriotism? Milley was onboard with all the woke, trans, equity silliness. Trump has said a number of times that the generals hated him but the troops loved him. Not hard to imagine why. These generals retire then get big pay lobbying for defense contractors. It's a system that encourages perpetual war. Just another reason they wanted Trump gone. Try to see beyond all the flag waving and jingoism.

PT Car Washer

Milley went behind Trump's back to assure the Chinese he would warn them if Trump decided to attack them. And you want to talk about patriotism? Milley was onboard with all the woke, trans, equity silliness. Trump has said a number of times that the generals hated him but the troops loved him. Not hard to imagine why. These generals retire then get big pay lobbying for defense contractors. It's a system that encourages perpetual war. Just another reason they wanted Trump gone. Try to see beyond all the flag waving and jingoism.
trump was in the middle of trying to steal an election he lost. Something that had never happened in this country before. No one knew how far trump would go. The General was right in reinsuring our adversaries that there was a firm hand on the nuclear button.

Next Day Err

There were plenty of parties and witnesses to the conversations with the Chinese. Milley was reassuring them that a war wouldn’t suddenly break out because of our instability. Milley was saying there would be a buildup. Calls would be made. Like in all other modern conflicts, they don’t spring up out of nowhere. That was Milley’s point. There would be no surprise attack just because an American president was having a domestic hissy fit over a lost election.

Again, you’re taking Trump’s and MAGA’s word for it.

vantexan

trump was in the middle of trying to steal an election he lost. Something that had never happened in this country before. No one knew how far trump would go. The General was right in reinsuring our adversaries that there was a firm hand on the nuclear button.
No, it was an unprecedented move that went around the chain of command. If an outspoken conservative general had done that to a Democratic president his head would be on a pike.

vantexan

There were plenty of parties and witnesses to the conversations with the Chinese. Milley was reassuring them that a war wouldn’t suddenly break out because of our instability. Milley was saying there would be a buildup. Calls would be made. Like in all other modern conflicts, they don’t spring up out of nowhere. That was Milley’s point. There would be no surprise attack just because an American president was having a domestic hissy fit over a lost election.

Again, you’re taking Trump’s and MAGA’s word for it.
Milley himself talked about it so it's not a matter of hearsay or someone's interpretation. If Trump had withdrawn from Afghanistan the way Biden did y'all would be screaming bloody murder. Always with the Trump blaming while covering up for crooked Joe.