Gortex Rain gear

Marne Vet

Since the company doesn't give us rain gear (No, that shell is NOT waterproof), we've had to fend for ourselves. This is one of the best jackets (has pants too) I've ever used. This Propper Gortex jacket is awesome. Lightweight, waterproof and breathable. Wore this in last years Hurricane and was completely dry. Found it on eBay. Also have a North Face shell that works "OK", but no where near as good as this Gortex.

vbmh.jpg

What are some alternatives that you've found?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to have a rain coat but a substitute loader decided to pull out my supplies tote and I haven't been able to find it. The shell does a fairly good job of shedding the rain.

Notretiredyet

I've got a Goretex UPS raincoat from years back with the old logo on it. Got it years ago when I received points for something or another that could only be used for items out of the UPS catalog.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've got a Goretex UPS raincoat from years back with the old logo on it. Got it years ago when I received points for something or another that could only be used for items out of the UPS catalog.

That's the one I used to have. The zipper and some of the insides were starting to fall out but it worked really well during the heavier rain.

Just Lurking

There was a complete rain suit set that you could purchase as separate pieces (jacket, pants and hat). All three were excess of $350.

TheDick

Frog Togs works great at less than a quarter of a gore-tex or laminated jackets price. Everytime you lean against the seatback ur gonnna force the water thru eventually anyways.