Gossip at UPS - Got any?

trouble maker

okay, I got some gossip. All of this is based on second hand info but that is the nature of gossip. Apparently in a center(Not mine , thank god) somewhere in the great state of new jersey, there is a feeder driver that was an off the street peak hire that came in about about a year and 1/2 ago. During his time there during peak, he proved himself to be incompetent, slow, and nosy. He also made it a point to tell management who he saw slacking off in the railyards, etc. Anyway peak came and went and so did he but six months later he was hired on fulltime and made his book (made his 30 days probation) to the astonishment of every feeder driver in this center.
He now is a bonafide member of the teamsters and attends each meeting faithfully and everytime there are two feeder drivers muttering in to each other , he tries to stick himself into the conversation. There is speculation that he continues to report to management the information that he learns in the trenches. Speculation is rampant that that is the only reason he is kept around as any simple task given to him is any thing but simple.

The guy can't back well( this I have seen first hand) He walks around the yard staring at the other trucks.(I've seen this man with spectacles walking around with seemingly no destination in mind staring at trucks like he has never seen them before. ) It is so incredible that this man was hired. Does any feeder in new jersey know about this man and what his connection to management is? i withheld the name of the hub , but anyone who is from this hub should know about whom I am speaking

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Typical night in Feeders I heard ... got fired,he hit a car full of blind Nuns ,,, I heard a sup from .... got killed on an Ojs cuz he stuck head out of p.c to look at a topless chick and pole clipped him.. i heard ... went home sick tonite & caught his wife in the sack with his best friends wife{hot} she wouldn't let him join in so he hung himself!
I heard Mgr ... was caught stealing & State Police came & took Him out in cuffs
I heard they are cutting 50 jobs at ...
I heard they are adding 50 jobs at ...
I heard ... was in the office for idle time
I heard they are closing the....airhub in ...

This is a dangerous thread....

some rumors I've heard...

there was the one about the sup that was "fired" for cutting a lock on a locked out belt, only to be hired as a casual driver in a station 30 miles away. he made his 30 days & got on the list...shocking.

then there was the one that the sort manager was porking the back office agent. this was was actually true, because legal trouble forced a confession. what isn't out there is they are still porking. (how was that trip to NASCAR?) As far as wifey knows it was long ago & only that once.

how about the one about the two supervisors openley dating (there is that pesky UPS policy again) until the male supervisor was sick of getting his **** kicked in the dirt by his coordinator. So they fired him when he started complaining about being whipped every day.

the the one about the coordinator porking everything that moves. he was hitting one employee until he found something better. that employee went to HR, and she is suddenly a cushy desk job in the back office.

we have all heard about the man on man sexual advances, so I'll not rehash

so much goes on in our little building. Blind eyes are turned until the issues are forced. it will never change.

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
This is a dangerous thread....

the the one about the coordinator porking everything that moves. he was hitting one employee until he found something better. that employee went to HR, and she is suddenly a cushy desk job in the back office.

Does this mean the HR guy is now hitting it?

whats a coordinator?

Channahon

As a female at UPS who retired after 28 years, I find this thread so entertaining. Understanding the majority of employees at UPS are male, and as such, most gossip or rumors are started by men, which typically women are categorized as being guilty of gossip.

Talk about role reversals, males have either called me or stopped by my office to ask if I heard the latest rumor or gossip. Like I really cared? If it wasn't factual, I didn't have the time to speculate or put myself in the position to be part of the rumor or speculation.

That's not to say, some rumors or gossip weren't true!!