Got hit with a new dress code.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PeterPan, Jun 21, 2015.

1. PeterPan

PeterPan New Member

About a few months ago we got hit with a new dress code policy where we can't where any sleeveless shirts or we would get sent home. It was cold when they so called implemented this so I didn't really bother. Now that it is damn near 100 plus I was wondering if this policy was affecting everyone's hub or somebody decided they wanted to flex some power.
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

No one wants to see your side man boobs.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. PeterPan

PeterPan New Member

I don't where the beaters jus a shirt with torn off sleeves so no boobs are shown lol
  4. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

No such policy here.

We have some women with tops so short their bra is sticking out & a bad case of camel toe on the bottom (before anybody gets excited... they're grandmas w/bodies that resemble those of a meth addict). Some guys dress just as bad -- mesh wife beater, pants so tight their junk appears ready to come out. They'll sometimes remind us to wear work appropriate clothing.... but alas, in 16+ years nothing's changed.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I always say the less clothing the better.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. PeterPan

PeterPan New Member

Thanks for the replies just wanted to see if this was a new policy change as a whole or something jus at the hub I'm at.
  7. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Our policy is some sleeveless shirts are allowed but some are not. Nor all, only some.
  8. PeterPan

PeterPan New Member

Yeah they blame our change on it being a safety hazard not to wear sleeves
  9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My building has the same dress code policy. But it may differ by the sort.
  10. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Yea, I'm pretty sure we have that here as well. I remember them giving me :censored2: when I wore a cut off shirt. They never really enforced it that heavily though, mostly just the wife beaters. :censored2: em, suns out guns out.
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Some of our inside employees dress like they're planning on stopping at Walmart after work.
    • Funny x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Never seen anyone do that here. Sounds terribly redneck. Be proud bro! Lol
  13. ski or die

ski or die Ski or Die

When I was in the hub, we had to wear hard toes shoes for safety. Yet one night while loading a trailer the driver hooked up while a was loading the bottom floor and the second floor flap fell on my head. Had to go to clinic. I don't know why they never issued us helmets for this safety issue. I'm still not right. Could be old age at this point though.
  14. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

This always pops up when someone abuses the "lax" dress code inside and wears something borderline obscene; ie. ass cheeks exposed, slashed up t-shirts showing too much skin, nipples, etc.

That being said, they're not going to tell people what to wear (within reason) when it's 100 degrees in the shade. I'd wear the sleeveless shirt (not a "wife beater"/undershirt) just to get the day off and file for my 3.5 hours. Spoiler Alert: they won't actually send you home.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They might just to send a message.
  16. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

Men wear wife beaters and women wear cut offs with sports bra's on, no one really cares.
  17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Everything's a flavor of the month.....but no one seems to care what we wear. I was told a month ago...oh you can only wear one earphone in your ear. Really? In 9 years, I've never been told that before. They crawled up my ass about it for a few weeks, and now they don't say a word about it anymore.
  18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

There must be cubicle dwellers somewhere who get paid to think up the BS for the month.
  19. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I tell my people to wear t shirts and pants/shorts. Preferably no cut offs. I know it gets hot, but if someone is in the counter they can see into the sort area and I want the image of our center to be professional.
  20. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

"Only one earphone" has been UPS's written policy for quite awhile (I first became of aware of it a decade ago when iPods peaked in popularity). Our Preload was burned for this on two consecutive Keter audits at the end of last decade/beginning of this one and Management took away our privileges since. Which is absurd because I work with Homebody who thinks his phone is a boombox...