Happy New Year

moreluck

golden ticket member
MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION HISTORY ................

2010: Resolved to read 10 books a year.
2011: I will read 5 books this year.
2012: I will manage to finish the comic pages three times a week.

2010: I will get my weight down to under 200.
2011: I will follow my new diet until I get down below 225.
2012: I will drive past a gym at least once a week.

2010: I will pay off my bank loans promptly.
2011: I will pay at least the interest when I can.
2012: I will seriously consider a move to a foreign country.

2010: I will stop smoking this year.
2011: I will cut down to a pack a day this year.
2012: I will learn how to breathe with just one lung.

2010: I will clean up the house weekly.
2011: I will pick stuff up around the house once a month.
2012: I will fumigate the house at least twice this year.

2010: I will read my Bible daily this year.
2011: I will go to church at least once a month.
2012: I will pray on Christmas and Easter.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This will be our New Year's Day dinner for good luck in the new year. Add some mashed potatoes & gravy too. Thank goodness we are not from the south.......the thought of black-eyed peas gags me.

oldngray

nowhere special
This will be our New Year's Day dinner for good luck in the new year. Add some mashed potatoes & gravy too. Thank goodness we are not from the south.......the thought of black-eyed peas gags me.

Black-eyed peas are good. Both of my parents from the South and I frequently had that when I was little.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's last year's resolution in case you need help writing a new one...........

"You have to realize that I do not dislike her as a person. I dislike the way that she dominates an Internet forum designed primarily for active UPS employees when she herself has never worked a day of her life for UPS. I dislike her open disdain for anything Obama. I dislike her reliance upon suspect news sources which she then repeats verbatim on this forum and passes off as her own thoughts. I dislike her inability to accept or even consider opposing or contrasting points of view on any subject. I basically dislike everything about her online persona and as such do not wish to have anything more to do with her.

As for finding myself in a lonely situation that is the second of my resolutions----less time here and more time getting out of my comfort zone and meeting new people. While I do appreciate my quiet time I do tend to get lonely and need to put myself out there. I have not been happy for some time now and it has begun to show, not only here, but in my work and personal lives as well. 2013 will be a year of big changes for me.

My third resolution is to be more honest with myself and with others.

To sum up----no moreluck, less Brown Cafe, less alone time, more people time, more honesty.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/new-years-drunk-chat.347962/

moreluck

golden ticket member
Happy New Year

THE GIFT OF A NEW YEAR

Here’s to the year

that’s almost past its expiration date—-2013.

We all had some surprises, didn’t we?

Some good, some distressing.

Let’s use everything we got from our experiences,

Everything we learned,

To enrich the new year.

Here’s to the new year, 2014,

A gift we haven’t opened yet.

May its bright, shiny package

Contain even more than we hope for.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When the clock strikes twelve on December 31st, people all over the world cheer and wish each other a very Happy New Year . For some, this event is no more than a change of a calendar. For others, the New Year symbolizes the beginning of a better tomorrow.

Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others.

friend. M. Knowles: He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool.

Benjamin Franklin:
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man.

Charles Lamb:
Of all sound of all bells, the most solemn and touching is the peal which rings out the Old Year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ca9e934221e748911be1db243b0c5427.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
New Year 2015

"For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice."

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"For some it’s just a time for celebration while for others it is the change of date along with the calendar while for many it is a fresh beginning with new resolutions and aspirations with the start of a new year. Whatever the significance everyone wants it to make it a happy moment."

"And may we live in a world at peace and with the awareness of God’s love in every sunset, every flower’s unfolding petals, every baby’s smile, every lover’s kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart."