Have to remember to put EX in front of UPS'er

brown98

Good luck Rocky!!!
I don't post much either but I enjoyed your post.......It seems like we were all prisoners and your freedom has come.

area43

Rocky, this could be one of my longest post. I don't want to get to mushy. LOL Rock, I do have alot of respect for you. I believe you have a good heart. Sincere and honest nature. Strength in your character to do the right thing. I'll truely will miss your very thought out, grammarly correct, articulate and will written posts. I envy your writing skills. ( :

OK, enuff. I was getting a little to in touch with my femine side. LOL That can be weird.(shaking and slapping my face) I see on this thread that there is alot of UPS bashing. Its all in fun. I just want to tell you a couple of things. I'll try and keep it short. LOL

Titles, Great Job positions, The size of your wallet or all the "Stuff" you accumalate in you Life is nice, but in reality it dosen't really add up to much. "People", thats what its all about. Yes, being a UPS driver wont make you rich, but you have a great oppurtunity to meet people and become a big factor(positive) in their life or lives. UPSers, don't sell yourself short. I've been on the same route for 5 years. I know it like the back of my hand. I love the people on my route. This adds up to 100,s of people. What an impact you can have. To watch the kids grow up. From catching the school bus. We(drivers) know how that is being caught behind those forever stopping School busses(no time allowances, here LOL). To the kids(on your route) learning how to drive. Yikes!!!!, becareful. I am on a rural route. Thats just one instance. In my 22 years at UPS I have come into contact with alot of wonderful and to be honest a little more "difficult people". Luckly, with the nature of our job we don't have to stay to long with those "difficult people", but they need help tooo. I can't say so much for the pt folks who have to work their whole shift with those "difficult people".

As a driver I also see the heartbreak on my route concerning the families. Divorces, Yes UPSer's. I see families torn apart in hate and rage. The children change. Its sad to witness. God must weep. One spouse wont sign for the others package. The beginning stages of the divorce. They say a child is more affected by a divorce, than they are by a death of a parent. The affect can last a life time.

Another note, My brother was in the Marine Corp, also. He was in the enlisted ranks, active duty infantry. For 2 years he was stationed up at the 8 and I barracks in Washington DC. For those who are unfamilar with the Corp. The 8 and I are the spit and polish of the Marine Corp. They are the Presidents own. Alot of their duties involve Color guards for special government events. Guard details. Funerals. Etc, Etc. My brother told me that when he did funeral details for these full blown generals(great achievment) at Arlington Cementary in some cases few or "none" would show up for the funeral. It was sad. One can only speculate as to why or what happen. In response a group of military wives got together and formed a group. This groups purpose was to be at every funeral, so this wouldn't happen again. Folks, these were high ranking officers, Brass. They had Nobody. They had the title, bucks, the so called Life, perphaps, but when it came down to the people in their life. They had nothing.

Rock, in closing. Even though I have never met you in person you have made a impact in my life. Small or large, it all has importance. May you keep God as an active participant in your life. Take care area 43 out

area43

Rock, what I'm about to say next is to help you out. Rock you might dislike me even more, but that's your problem. Yes, Cafers Rocky and I had a falling out. I thought Rocky and I had a friendship, but it appears it was nothing but crap. As you all could see some of my lastest posts have been critical of UPS mgt. I guess that didn't sit to well with my good ol buddy Rock. I sent him a couple of pms and apologized. No response. Maybe he took them(pm's) the wrong way. I do not know. I even responded to his good bye thread trying to make amends. Folks when I develop a friendship with someone I just don't give up on them if they do something wrong or have an opinion that might not concour with my own.

Rock, everything I said in my #22 post is sincere and from the heart. I do apologize for any wrong I might have done you. My wife and I enjoyed reading one of your term papers you sent via email. I still have it . Actually I copied it on paper, so my son wouldn't delete it, again. LOL Anyhow, this will be the last time I'll talk to you. I wont be a pest. I just hope this way of dealing with people that offend you wont become a pattern. Forgive, Rock. Remember the baggage. It could start to get heavy. No need to carry all that stuff if you dont have tooo. take care Area 43

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I thought Rocky and I had a friendship, but it appears it was nothing but crap. As you all could see some of my lastest posts have been critical of UPS mgt. I guess that didn't sit to well with my good ol buddy Rock. I sent him a couple of pms and apologized. No response. Maybe he took them(pm's) the wrong way. I do not know. I even responded to his good bye thread trying to make amends. Folks when I develop a friendship with someone I just don't give up on them if they do something wrong or have an opinion that might not concour with my own.

Rock, everything I said in my #22 post is sincere and from the heart. I do apologize for any wrong I might have done you.

Area43, you ARE my very good FRIEND!!!! Please PM me. I apologize for not getting back to you. My life has been NUTS for the last couple weeks. Its calming down slightly but I don't think it'll be that way for long. PLEASE PM ME!!!!! I've enjoyed talking to you. As to your posts about UPS management....screw 'em. The IDIOTS we call management here are really p*ssing me off. I look forward to hearing from you, my friend. -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Rocky,
If school is out early in December, do you wanna be my helper:lol::lol:? Best of luck to you, I've enjoyed reading your posts.

LOL, Longlunchguy. School is actually out the week before Thanksgiving :tongue_sm. I'm making plans that don't include Father Brown for the first Peak in some years. Or not....the retention supe on my sort is making noises about something. -Rocky