Held hostage by UPS (a conspiracy theory...)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by scooby0048, Aug 3, 2014.

1. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I get email alerts from my bank every time I use my debit card. Thursday I get these alerts about two purchases at Walmart and a gas station in Atlanta. Yeah so? Problem is, I live in Wyoming and was working at the time.

Didn't get the emails until I got home that night so I immediately call my bank and speak to some foreign outsourced worker. Guy assures me that they will immediately block the card and send me a replacement card (that should arrive in 7-10 days). I ask the guy if doing this will affect my direct deposit that is scheduled to go in the account in a matter of hours. In his very best attempt at being convincing, he tells me, "you will be good sir." Good, I hang up, check the online banking and it shows the old card was cancelled and replaced.

Friday morning and I check the account, NO DIRECT DEPOSIT! Off to work I go so wifey has to go to bank to try and straighten things out. Still no sign of any attempt to deposit the funds. I have a feeling the guy on the phone cancelled or suspended the account instead of just replacing the card. Now I have to go in Monday and try to get UPS to send me a live check since the direct deposit is lost in space.

Wife asks me, "Do you think something happened on UPS's end?" I told her probably not but then I got to thinking, "Well hell, maybe. They are based out of Atlanta!" Not only do I get victimized by the crooks who used my card number but the bank charges me a $15 replacement card fee. Then the direct deposit is in limbo.

Me thinks this is all a big plot by UPS to hold me hostage by having someone in payroll steal my account number and clone a card then use it, then mysteriously lose my direct deposit...all while making me work 10-12 hours days so I cannot get the bank to straighten things out. Now I have to wait for another check to be issued.

OK, so I know that's not what is really going on (if it was, that would make for a great story!) Just needed to vent and laugh about this whole situation so that's what my conspiracy theory would be if I was a conspiracy theorist!

2. Moral to tbhis story...always,always use a charge card. and have a back up card.

I do not use a debit card,for anything....period.

If they steal your charge card...no worries.
    They didnt get into your bank account.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I know I know... debit cards are evil but I absolutely hate carrying cash and they are just so convenient...until things like this happen. On a side note, all the charges will be refunded but still, it happened.

4. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

ihasconsprcythery (1).jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Most places take charge cards.
    Keep a 20. or two in your walletI

6. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

debit/charge cards are only good as long as the power stays on .
    That's why I like to be old fashion and carry cash , mostly one's .
    I keep a few on a money clips just in case of an incident . I pull out the money clip and flip it away from me , as the thief looks at the direction where the money clip goes .
    You are given the choice to do one of two things; either run the other way or pull out your CCW & put it into the other person's face .

7. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

I've never used a debit card....I use credit cards, which have a cash back feature..then I pay them back in full every month. Everybody bitches about the "evils" of credit cards, I happen to think they are one of the greatest things on the face of the earth. If I need cash, I use my ATM card..which is just that...not a debit card. I also pay all my bills online, and get the majority of them delivered online......I've never had a problem

8. Nostromo

Nostromo Member

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407132483.386948.jpg

Sent using Morse code

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

i only use my debit card at banks, if you make enough money just buy a prepaid card and load money on to it,
    if not always carry a credit card for store purchases or places u dont trust to use your debit card. you might want to try
    and be more careful next time, i never was a slide card kind of person i normally try to use cash but to each his own.

10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Plus you get cash back on credit cards...bonus!

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

ATM is a debit card. Getting cash from an ATM machine is the only time I ever use mine. Otherwise I use a credit card for almost everything else and pay the balance off every month. Credit card is definitely safer to use than a debit card.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Not always-----there are ATM cards that can only be used at ATM's.

I have both a debit and credit card. I don't carry a lot of cash and use my debit card most of the time. On those rare occasions when I do use my credit card I pay it off in full the next month.

13. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member