Here Comes the Electric Fail

wilberforce15

Million-mile batteries already exist and are in vehicles right now, where you can drive your entire lifetime worth of miles, over decades, and need a new car body before you need a new battery.

So much ignorance here.

wilberforce15

At this point, any remaining ignorance is intentional on your part.

I'll leave this for future times, where whenever the desire hits me, I'll make a fool of the dinosaurs again. Good day, sirs.

bacha29

Eventually, non-autonomous cars might be banned for safety reasons.

And gas cars might stop being produced in a decade or two, but their use won't be banned for many decades. It will just get harder and more expensive to service them or fuel them. Even if selling ICE vehicles were banned today, new ones would still be working in 20 years.

It will be like horses. They used to be everyone's transportation. Now, they only exist for horse enthusiasts and rich people to play with.

Internal combustion cars will be like that. Few will use them daily. They'll be a fun hobby for people with the money.
That's a good point. Parts for ICE's will become increasingly hard to find as parts manufactured for more ICE models are discontinued.
In fact if the GM bailout plan had failed 4 or 5 after market parts manufacturers were already contracted as a backup plan to manufacture a limited number of parts for a limited number of GM vehicle models for 5 years. That's right 5 years and then they're done.

The easy way to get rid of unpopular and obsolete vehicles is to simply quit making parts for them.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's a good point. Parts for ICE's will become increasingly hard to find as parts manufactured for more ICE models are discontinued.
In fact if the GM bailout plan had failed 4 or 5 after market parts manufacturers were already contracted as a backup plan to manufacture a limited number of parts for a limited number of GM vehicle models for 5 years. That's right 5 years and then they're done.

The easy way to get rid of unpopular and obsolete vehicles is to simply quit making parts for them.
Wow, really clear you don't know anything about cars. New parts are still being made for plenty of cars models that aren't produced anymore. If there's a need the market will fill it. Not to mention junk yards, easy way to save a ton of money.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wow, really clear you don't know anything about cars. New parts are still being made for plenty of cars models that aren't produced anymore. If there's a need the market will fill it. Not to mention junk yards, easy way to save a ton of money.
Cuba is the fact that disproves @bacha29’s theory.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

It's about how far and how forceful the Climate Change Cult is willing to go in order to take control of the industry. We see today how it continues to attempt to bring pressure onto Congress to legislate it's environmental morality.

Mutineer

It's about how far and how forceful the Climate Change Cult is willing to go in order to take control of the industry. We see today how it continues to attempt to bring pressure onto Congress to legislate it's environmental morality.
Once it's understood that the Left doesn't like independent, mobile people it's fairly transparent where they're going with their EV propaganda.

Under the guise of "save the planet", the cost of fossil fuels will be purposely, artificially inflated. Next it will be all about "safety", and how autonomous vehicles eliminate human error and will save lives.

In the meantime, a connection will be twisted and convoluted to fit a narrative that independently driven ICE vehicles and "racism" are intertwined.

But the proles have nothing to fear. Because driverless EV's will save lives, save the planet, and fight racism!

Next will be "unforeseeable" electricity shortages and navigation satellite failures. Unless you're rich, you aren't going anywhere. And the blame for that boondoggle?

Racism.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
At this point, any remaining ignorance is intentional on your part.

I'll leave this for future times, where whenever the desire hits me, I'll make a fool of the dinosaurs again. Good day, sirs.
Manufacturing the Peak-Lithium auto consumes even more oil than manufacturing the Peak-Oil vehicle.

MAKAVELI

Manufacturing the Peak-Lithium auto consumes even more oil than manufacturing the Peak-Oil vehicle.

Quora. Lol

wilberforce15

I don't care about the environment. I don't care about carbon.

I like performance and price and reliability.

Electric Motors destroy internal combustion on all those.

They're simply better at everything.

bacha29

Eventually a car will cost more to fix it up than it is to keep it around Not to mention passing state inspections and state emissions testing And aftermarket car parts manufacturers are not going to set up their dies and presses just to do a short run of parts for a model that's quickly disappearing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Eventually a car will cost more to fix it up than it is to keep it around Not to mention passing state inspections and state emissions testing And aftermarket car parts manufacturers are not going to set up their dies and presses just to do a short run of parts for a model that's quickly disappearing.
Emissions testing?
State inspections?
What's that like?
Nevermind, don't care.

wilberforce15

The ice guys would do much better to say "I like engine noise" and leave it at that.

I totally respect the thrill of rolling black coal smoke as the ground shakes with the rumble. The smell of gas at the drag strip is great.

Just recognize that in all measurable respects, it's inferior for almost all automotive applications.