High Planned Day in The UK

What free to continue being paid less than I was 6 years ago because the union negotiated to scrap bonus, hardly free loading.
The union is weak not because of lack of membership but because of lack of leadership.

Shop stewards are happy to disapear to attend union meetings offsite but unwilling to call meeting in their own branch. No doubt using the excuse of lack of attendees. Well stand at the gate , walk the belts, talk to the people drum up support.
Find a cause instead of banging the same old drum,
what is a reasonable working day?
why do we not have a 8.5 hour greivance procedure like the US?
When is a warehouse to cold to work a preload?
Why are Preloaders paid so low?

You say you are happy to attend any meetings, when did you last attend one?
How many have you been asked to attend in the last 6 months?
Can you tell us the dates of the last 5 branches that have held meetings in the UK?

I also remember the scaremongering mentioned by CBUK I prefer to call it doing something.

we need leadership , we need action , we need it now.

CBUK

We had a driver sacked the other day and nobody has been hired to replace him. Thats 2 in recent weeks in fact.

jetset

pitch and toss
We had a driver sacked the other day and nobody has been hired to replace him. Thats 2 in recent weeks in fact.

Do you think there is a need to replace the two drivers?
Do you think they were got rid of due to low volumes or did they deserve the boot?
Were they union members?
At my centre we are told there is a recruitment ban due to excess drivers at OTHER sites we on the other hand have less drivers than routes.

CBUK

I dont know the ins and outs but I believe they deserved to go. If they were in the Union and again I dont know if they were, I doubt they could have been saved.

I understand we have hired another driver on feeder to start a run to Northampton but he will work till 1200 on clear up.

Its the quiet time of year so at the moment everything is ticking along but I have my concerns as to what the picture may be when Christmas is a little closer.