High value redirect at apartment complex

scisector9

I had a high value pkg at a stop in one of those monstrous apartment complexes today. It was NDA and the office will hold packages for residents. Long story short I did not take pkg to the office for a signature because it was high value and I didn't want it sitting in the office for god knows how long. What is our official policy and how do you handle these situations?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I had a high value pkg at a stop in one of those monstrous apartment complexes today. It was NDA and the office will hold packages for residents. Long story short I did not take pkg to the office for a signature because it was high value and I didn't want it sitting in the office for god knows how long. What is our official policy and how do you handle these situations?
I never indirect a high value. If they're not home, NI1 with sig required box checked.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I won't indirect controlled high values, alcohol and firearms/ammo. I'll deliver cell phones to an office all day apple or not because we're getting a signature. I usually won't indirect a cell phone to a neighbor because most of the resi on my current route is pretty ghetto. When I was a cover guy out in the sticks I would leave a cell phone anywhere that it would be out of the weather.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Typical UPS lose/lose situation. Don't leave and the customer screams, "Why didn't the driver leave it at the office?!" Leave it and the customer screams, "Why did the driver leave it at the office?!" We can't win.

Future

Victory Ride
I wouldnt have left it at the office either.......if you happened to pass the apt complex later in the day and it isnt a hassle I MIGHT have tried another attempt....besides that NI1....make sure your :censored2: is home 2morrow!