Hodgkins, IN ???

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dougd, Jan 17, 2006.

1. dougd

dougd New Member

Hey all... got an interesting question from a buddy of mine yesterday. All of his packages coming from the west leave CACH for the Toledo Hub and have a stop in the middle listed as "Hodgkins, IN." As there is no such town as Hodgkins, IN (and Hodgkins, IL was already listed - the package went through CACH) he asked me where/what this was. I haven't worked for UPS since '98. I'm assuming this is just the name that shows up on a package track for the concrete slab where trailers between TOLOH and CACH are exchanged by feeder drivers. (Nothing seems to sit there for more than four hours... often less... which would also seem to indicate that.)

Can anyone confirm or deny my suspicion?
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member

Now you've done it! Are you crazy??? Cheryl, can we delete that post? He's found out UPSs greatest secret! Hodgkins is UPSs Area 51. Now that THEY know that you know.....
    Dude, leave your house and run. Don't look back. Don't take anything with you, JUST GO!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Beware, the men in brown are out to get you!!!
  4. jelly_donuts

jelly_donuts New Member

Brett -

I know you work in Indy and I have a few questions for you. I have had difficulty accessing this site and posting since they have changed the format so I am unable to PM you.

Please drop me a line at your convenience. Thanks.

Bryan
  5. pretender

pretender Active Member

It has been a while since I have been there, bu there used to be a meet point just across the IL/IN state line--I believe it is in Hammond IN. They also broke down triples and double 40s there...
  6. michael

michael Chicago area

Could you be referring to the place they call "West Point" ? :confused:1
  7. pretender

pretender Active Member

That is what I knew it as...
  8. CoRaMo

CoRaMo New Member

Amazing, UPS is still using the same fictional town Hodgkins, IN.
  9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You registered to post in a 6 year old topic?????
  10. Taco

Taco Member

It's starting to appear again. I believe this is actually the Hammond, IN center. Feeders drop off/pick up a third trailer here.