Hoffa's secret bargaining with UPS!

tieguy

Banned
Thank you ironshot! Mr tieguy obviously wears his tie tight. what he dislikes about me is that I refuse to swallow his spoon fed BS. He figures he's smarter than all of us blue collar folk. He's probably been to college, & the mind manipulation school of UPS, so he feels that affords him the right to talk down to me, and apply his bully tactics. Let us see if any of the following facts sound familiar to him:

UPS Professional Conduct And Anti-Harassment Policy

Lol , twin can't discuss the issues rationally so now he is threatening me? Soon as you started the threats you lost the argument lug head.:thumbup1:

twnjrspc

Lol , twin can't discuss the issues rationally so now he is threatening me? Soon as you started the threats you lost the argument lug head.:thumbup1:

Tieguy, Having a rational conversation with you all depends on which one of your multiple personalities, that anyone us are dealing with. But now that I have your attention, perhaps you'll allow me to point out that your sexual innuendos, and references to your penis, (as you have used in other posts), is clearly unprofessional of a Center Manager, and by no means refreshing. It's where "you" lost the argument, to a rational discussion/argument. What's your next mode of evasive attack? My Mother? I have probably been around as long, if not longer than you in this company, so I'm not still wet behind the ears, like many of those whom you respond to. Your self exposure of the Wolf in Sheeps clothing that you are, is so apparent. As a result, you should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you be representative of Jim Casey, and his company. May he rest in peace. Unlike you, Mr. Casey was a people person. That's what he built his company around, his people. :ohmy:

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy, Having a rational conversation with you all depends on which one of your multiple personalities, that anyone us are dealing with. But now that I have your attention, perhaps you'll allow me to point out that your sexual innuendos, and references to your penis, (as you have used in other posts), is clearly unprofessional of a Center Manager, and by no means refreshing. It's where "you" lost the argument, to a rational discussion/argument. What's your next mode of evasive attack? My Mother? I have probably been around as long, if not longer than you in this company, so I'm not still wet behind the ears, like many of those whom you respond to. Your self exposure of the Wolf in Sheeps clothing that you are, is so apparent. As a result, you should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you be representative of Jim Casey, and his company. May he rest in peace. Unlike you, Mr. Casey was a people person. That's what he built his company around, his people. :ohmy:

LIke I said everytime you resort to the above line of conversation it shows that you have admitted defeat. In fact I question your sanity. Please put your nazi boots back on and goose step out of here before you embarass yourself anymore. The fact you claim you are not wet behind the ears shows that you have spent a long life and learned nothing except how to regurgitate propaganda you were programmed with. :laugh:

twnjrspc

LIke I said everytime you resort to the above line of conversation it shows that you have admitted defeat. In fact I question your sanity. Please put your nazi boots back on and goose step out of here before you embarass yourself anymore. The fact you claim you are not wet behind the ears shows that you have spent a long life and learned nothing except how to regurgitate propaganda you were programmed with. :laugh:

You're so childish. Grow up!:bored:

tieguy

Banned
You're so childish. Grow up!:bored:

hardly . You're the one that thought he could intimidate me into submission. Now that your little threat has failed miserably you will be forced to either try to answer the questions raised or admit you really don't know what you are talking about. At this point you're clearly admitting you have nothing.

twnjrspc

hardly . You're the one that thought he could intimidate me into submission. Now that your little threat has failed miserably you will be forced to either try to answer the questions raised or admit you really don't know what you are talking about. At this point you're clearly admitting you have nothing.

Tieguy, the UPS Center Manager

Ah! So, that little reminder of the UPS Code of Conduct has posed a threat to you? Huh! What's the matter Mr. UPS Center Manager, do you think that Atlanta would frown upon your penis talk, or your sadistic rants, and name calling? Would it be nonconducive of code behavior? Not that I would think you would treat, or talk to your employees like that on the job. It's just here, on the Brown Cafe, that you unleash your split personality, right? I have no problem with a good hearty argument. It's healthy. But you've crossed the line with me, so I needed to remind you of that. You wouldn't get away with it on the job, nor face to face. Simply put, if you are, truly a UPS Center Manager, then I expect you to act professional. We hourly employees are held to very high standards, and I expect nothing less of you.You're supposed to lead by example. I've noticed you've toned done a bit. Perhaps it's working?

Is there a chance I could be right this time?

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy, the UPS Center Manager

Ah! So, that little reminder of the UPS Code of Conduct has posed a threat to you? Huh! What's the matter Mr. UPS Center Manager, do you think that Atlanta would frown upon your penis talk, or your sadistic rants, and name calling? Would it be nonconducive of code behavior? Not that I would think you would treat, or talk to your employees like that on the job. It's just here, on the Brown Cafe, that you unleash your split personality, right? I have no problem with a good hearty argument. It's healthy. But you've crossed the line with me, so I needed to remind you of that. You wouldn't get away with it on the job, nor face to face. Simply put, if you are, truly a UPS Center Manager, then I expect you to act professional. We hourly employees are held to very high standards, and I expect nothing less of you.You're supposed to lead by example. I've noticed you've toned done a bit. Perhaps it's working?

Is there a chance I could be right this time?

and again you took another direction because you were unable to intelligently argue your point. Thats another win for me in this little exchange. Keep them coming.

tieguy

Banned
now back to the original point of this thread. You complained about secret negotiations. We always swear an oath of secrecy with the teamsters when we start this process. The only thing that has so far changed is the teamsters may actually be living up to that agreement.

This point means that you either

a) don't know anything about how labor negotiations work.

b) know but decided to be deliberately dishonest when you started this thread.

twnjrspc

now back to the original point of this thread. You complained about secret negotiations. We always swear an oath of secrecy with the teamsters when we start this process. The only thing that has so far changed is the teamsters may actually be living up to that agreement.

This point means that you either

a) don't know anything about how labor negotiations work.

b) know but decided to be deliberately dishonest when you started this thread.

Here's how I view this. I'm in the middle of dishonesty, both the Teamsters and the Company. I trust niether one of you. As far as I'm concerned, Hoffa/ Hall merely started these negotiations as a ploy to get re-elected, and the company played along. It was all done in a big hurry, and now that the election is over, not a word has been spoken about it. How can these negotiations not be considered secretive, when he's not sharing it with all of those on his negotiation team? And by the way, I wish you would have responded in this manner from the beginning.

tieguy

Banned
Here's how I view this. I'm in the middle of dishonesty, both the Teamsters and the Company. I trust niether one of you. As far as I'm concerned, Hoffa/ Hall merely started these negotiations as a ploy to get re-elected, and the company played along. It was all done in a big hurry, and now that the election is over, not a word has been spoken about it. How can these negotiations not be considered secretive, when he's not sharing it with all of those on his negotiation team? And by the way, I wish you would have responded in this manner from the beginning.

its not up to me to please you. You never did answer the question. Did you know negotiations are supposed to be kept confidential or did you deliberately try to mislead the thread.

local804

As far as those you work with getting screwed out of rewards they've earned. Why don't you try working on your end to set realistic company standards,etc, that we could all survive under, and make it 30 years to retirement.
Where do you work that you can still retire after only 30 years?[/QUOTE]

Before this 30% cut, Local 804 was one of the first locals with 25 and out. Will be good to see what the next contract will be like for NY.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Where do you work that you can still retire after only 30 years?

Before this 30% cut, Local 804 was one of the first locals with 25 and out. Will be good to see what the next contract will be like for NY.[/quote] Is it my understanding you have no 25/30 out anymore ?
What is the age of retirement without any penalties now ? Did you folks know that you were underfunded to a tune of 59% ? Central States is somewhere in that neighborhood of stability !

twnjrspc

its not up to me to please you. You never did answer the question. Did you know negotiations are supposed to be kept confidential or did you deliberately try to mislead the thread.

No one said you're supposed to please me. I fully understand negotiations. Thus my point in posting the article. Hoffa has eliminated a part of that process, by not including the Local Officers involved, in the negotiation process. Exclusion, instead of inclusion=secretive. Get IT!

local804

Before this 30% cut, Local 804 was one of the first locals with 25 and out. Will be good to see what the next contract will be like for NY.
Is it my understanding you have no 25/30 out anymore ?
What is the age of retirement without any penalties now ? Did you folks know that you were underfunded to a tune of 59% ? Central States is somewhere in that neighborhood of stability ![/QUOTE]

Yes, I am very well aware that the fund is at 59% at this moment. We still do have a 25 and out but ofcourse it will be at a lower rate. All previous pension years acrued will stay intact, the 30% decrease stated January 1st. My 22 years will be full pension years towards my 25 with the remanding 3 at 70% each year. IMO, at our local level, we would have never had this problem if we had a 3-5 year contract. Plus, we still have negotiations(at a local level) for our contract when this one is up. It will get interesting, just watch and see.

twnjrspc

ups.jpg
[FONT=times new roman,times]In 2002, UPS Teamsters were promised the "Best Contract Ever." That didn't happen. This time, we've got to Make UPS Deliver the contract we deserve.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]To help achieve that goal, we've launched a new website: www.MakeUPSdeliver.org. This is a place where UPSers can get together, share information, and talk about what we need in our contract and what it will take to win. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Teamster negotiators have given UPS until just March 31 to negotiate an early agreement. The next seven weeks will be critical. Despite everything at stake, UPSers are still not hearing much from our union negotiators about the issues at the table or what working Teamsters can do to pressure the company.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]We learned the hard way in 2002 that we can't depend on promises of the "Best Contract Ever" and we can't leave our future up to somebody else. This is our contract and we've got to demand a voice.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Here's how you can help:[/FONT]

• [FONT=times new roman,times]Have Your Say: Register and post comments in the "News" and "UPSers Speak Out" sections. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=times new roman,times]Spread the Word: Download the latest bulletins and pass them on to other UPSers.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=times new roman,times]Tell a Friend: Use the "Tell a Friend" link at the bottom of this page to send this message to other UPSers and let them know about www.MakeUPSdeliver.org[/FONT]
  • [FONT=times new roman,times]Tell Us What You Think: This is your contract. What do you have to say? We want to hear from you.[/FONT]

twnjrspc

Re: Hoffa's secret bargaining with UPS!We have to Make UPS Deliver!

ups.jpg
e1171059421.jpg
[FONT=times new roman,times]Please forward this update to all concerned Teamsters. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]In this update:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]1) Bargaining Update: UPS Stalls on Language Issues. Union Blackout on Benefits Continues.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]2) UPS Reports More Record Profits. Working Teamsters Get Shrinking Share.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]1) Bargaining Update: UPS Stalls on Language Issues / Union Blackout on Benefits Continues[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Early bargaining resumes on Feb. 12 and four days of bargaining are scheduled for this week. Eight bargaining sessions have been held since Jan. 22 with the focus on non-economic proposals. These proposals were exchanged on Oct. 19, but UPS has avoided substantive discussion of the issues since then. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]UPS has said they cannot respond to union proposals for stronger restrictions and penalties for company violations of excessive overtime, subcontracting, supervisors working and others because these proposals "get into economics." Instead of bargaining real solutions to these problems, UPS has stalled and said they need to see all of our union's economic proposals too![/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]In the meantime, the Teamster blackout on benefit issues continues. On Oct. 19 when non-economic proposals were exchanged, our union negotiators told us that pensions that healthcare would be negotiated first: "Before the non-economic issues are negotiated, the Teamsters Union wants to first negotiate pensions and health care which members have identified as top priorities." (Teamster UPSDATE 10/19/06)[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]That was four months ago! Since then, there has not been a single report of any discussion on proposals to strengthen our Teamster benefits and reverse benefit cuts. In the meantime, UPS continues to spread misinformation and attack our benefits. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]It's time for our union to give us a benefit improvement plan to rally around. Keeping members in the dark doesn't build the unity and strength it will take to win. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Click here to download a Make UPS Deliver Bargaining Update.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]2) UPS Reports More Record Profits; Working Teamsters Get a Shrinking Share[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]This week, UPS reported a profit of $1.13 billion for the fourth quarter of 2006. The results were 7.5 percent better than 2005's fourth quarter. Overall, UPS took in a record $47.55 billion in revenue last year and $4.2 billion in after-tax profits last year. Brown's profits are up by more than 70 percent under the "Best Contract (for UPS) Ever." But working Teamsters are getting a shrinking share. According to the company's last mailing to Teamsters on our total compensation package, UPS spent less than 53 cents out of every dollar of revenue on wages and benefits--down from nearly 57 cents in 2002, the first year of our contract.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Click here to read the full story at makeupsdeliver.org.[/FONT]