Hollywood Types

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by moreluck, Jan 9, 2006.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Why do these Hollywood-type folks think they have political expertise? Harry Bellafonte travelled to Venezuela and spoke about Bush being the #1 terrorist in the world today. Danny Glover also made the trip with him. So, is Danny Glover just a travelling companion or is he of the same mind-set as Harry?

Just might have to boycott any future movies with Mr. Glover in them. :mad:

Carracas was a stop on a cruise I once took.........lots of soldiers standing all around the city with machine guns. Very scary place!

2. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Does this mean that the US backed the coup, or just knew about it?

The way I read the story, they knew about it but did nothing. So why bring it up, unless they are trying to attempt to make the reader believe something else?

d

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I believe Susiedriver was seen there too.....

4. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

5. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Probably a little of both. CIA has been involved in political espionage, especially in Central and South America since the git go. With their track record they probably helped Chavez into power and now when their store bought dog schitts on the living room rug, they want to put it to sleep. Remember General Noreiga? Typical CIA track record if you ask me.

What do you think there Information Please?

I'm just a :smartass: ain't I?:sneaky2:

6. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

awful big word. While there are some really good guys at the Cia, there are also those, and some would be in a position to do, who would do things like that. We will never know. And quite possible they supported both sides at the same time.

IT would seem like if they focused on gathering intel instead of making intel, maybe the world would be a better place?

It would also seem that this is also a prime example of what you get with a goverment agency that has too much power, no accountablity, and unlimited funding, both by tax dollars and drug money etc.

d