How do i find out when my shift starts?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Simon Mesfin, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Simon Mesfin

Simon Mesfin New Member

I work at the Pleasantdale hub, and it's kind of hard to understand my supervisor.

I work the twilight shift, and I thought I heard him say come in at 10:40 Monday (today), but when I'm leaving, there was a note on the door that said, everybody should come in at 11:40 Monday.

How do I know what time to go in? I don't even know what number to call.

2. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Go in at 10:40 just to be safe
  3. Simon Mesfin

Simon Mesfin New Member

ya, that's what I think i'm going to do, but if I'm wrong I'm going to have to wait an hour in that hot place :surrender
  4. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Bang in. Thats what I would do. Book off because you didn't know the start time.
  5. Kraetos

Kraetos Preload, Loader

I'm confused, they let you go home?? I just wake up, walk a few steps and clock in everyday, they let me get extra sleep on the weekends, isn't preload great! :happy-very:
  6. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

You can tell them to pay you from 10:40 because that is what your supervisor told you, and you did not hear otherwise.
  7. Slack Adjuster

Slack Adjuster New Member

Notes on the door dont mean a whole lot. I assume you received this information on Fri.night at the end of the twi.? The sup is going to have to make it plain to all what time to come in. I would stick to the 1040.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Show up at 1040 and bring a crossword puzzle to keep you busy if you happen to be an hour early.
  9. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

if you are told to report at 1040 be there at 1040 punch in. CASE CLOSED.NOW its in there give you somthing to do.
  10. christian c

christian c New Member

I had a dream last night that management made everyone spend the night in sleeping bags at the hub so we could start working that much faster. not kidding. preload does suck.
  11. upser_J

upser_J New Member

how do u call out sick then? what number do u use then?
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.