How do you deal with houses with no address numbers on them?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I'm saying the address is correct, just missing the apt./suite number. Not having the apt./suite number is not a reason to do an address correction.

Suppose you are delivering to student housing like I do. Some of these houses have 10 apartments. This is why apt numbers are so important and why I will always do the ADC.

By The Book

If an apt or suite number is needed to identify the correct delivery point and it's not on the shipping label then ADC should happen, either in the DIAD when we do the detective work and find the info ourselves or by the clerk if we bring it back to the building.

This is additional service that we charge for and performing ADC is what triggers that charge to the shipper. We also notify the shipper so they may update their records for future shipments. If you just add the apt number but don't do ADC none of this happens.
Then you should clerk these pkgs. Based only on the fact the delivery point address matches the pkg. address. Now if your delivering to 125 green st. And the pkg address says 152 green st., this is a time to do an address correction in the Diad. I'm not concerned at all with any time elements here as you are on the clock doing the work.

AKCoverMan

On the other hand if the business name is enough to tell you which suite to deliver to then no an ADC is not needed even if it is missing.

Here's another wrinkle. Business address but location shared by two businesses. Shipping label only has individuals name no suite to business name. That's gonna be a need suite and an ADC if I can determine the correct business.

AKCoverMan

Then you should clerk these pkgs. Based only on the fact the delivery point address matches the pkg. address. Now if your delivering to 125 green st. And the pkg address says 152 green st., this is a time to do an address correction in the Diad. I'm not concerned at all with any time elements here as you are on the clock doing the work.

Guess we will disagree.

If the delivery point is 123 Green Street Apt 115 and the package address is just 123 Green Street then in my opinion the deliver point address and the package address DO NOT match. Yes I could clerk them, and often do. But if I go beyond that and find the correct delivery point then I ADC.

By The Book

If the missing info means you can't deliver the package without detective work then the address is not correct.
The address is correct otherwise you wouldn't be at the correct location. Is it missing the apt. Number, yes. Do we do an ADC because of this, well I guess some do and some don't.

AKCoverMan

Our clerk hates to do any more than she has to.

If you can do an ADC on road by all means do it.
Doing it on road when it's possible and realistic to do so saves a lot of steps.

1. Driver does not have to unload pkg at clerk station.
2. Clerk does not have to load package into whatever container will hold it until tomorrow's preload.
3. Tomorrow the preload won't have to unload and respa it.
4. Tomorrow the preload won't have to reload it in the PC.
5. Tomorrow the driver won't have to deliver it.

AKCoverMan

I couldn't care less about the time allowance.

Your right I should probably not care about it either. To me the time allowance game is just a mild yet constant irritation. Making sure I take credit where I think credit is due is my way of "scratching that itch".

At the end of the day I care far more about servicing the customer than I do about my over allowed.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Is there a special way you have to do an ADC or do you just edit the address info on the sheet screen when you initially scan the package?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there a special way you have to do an ADC or do you just edit the address info on the sheet screen when you initially scan the package?

You scan the package which will bring it up in EDD. If the street number is wrong, you would change it and then do the ADC. If there is no apt number you would add it and then do the ADC.

AKCoverMan

Sheet package for correct address.
Hit soft key "PkgInfo"' hit "Address correction"
On this screen put in the wrong address as shown on the package.

When your done and get back to the package list page the package you address corrected will have an "A" indicator on the far left.