How do you find out Place and time of panel level hearing? Help

jenltuli

Call the parcel division of the IBT. I don't have the number though. Contact TDU at TDU.org and they can get you the number, and advice etc...
thank you for the info on the tdu.org. I contacted them and they seem to be very aggressive and are going to help me. I am happy to have found the browcafe you guys and the posts are very helpful and informative. Espescially now that its me going through this crap.

tieguy

Banned
Fascinating thread here. I had to grab the pistachios to nibble on as I took this fantastic journey

Ok. a few questions

1) Now I know management in general are one eyed ogres driving their bmw's (Ford or Chevy pickups in todays world can cost more) but I'm confused as to what evidence the manager has to prove you never made a delivery attempt. You mentioned that your BA sat there for two hours without saying a thing. I assume then that the manager and labor manager sat there for two hours presenting the evidence against you since the BA never spoke? What do they have that took two hours to present and kept the BA silent? While ups managers are fire breathing demons from hell we don't fire people because we think they did not make a delivery attempt. Labor managers don't go to panels because you couldn't find a place to stick your info notice.

2) Am I understanding you correctly . You're paying a lawyer to represent you but you're getting your legal advice from the brown cafe?

Ever think about changing your screen name here to troll?

See if you can give us a credible explanation of the evidence against you while i find me a Bmw to go with my demonic reputation. :thumbup1:

Right DS?

Cole

Tie,

He never insinuated that all mngrs are "demonic", but there are some that would lie in heartbeat to cover their own rears. Since a complaint was called in by the customer, who knows if the center manager is hanging on by a thread there, and doing a little cya job.

The 2hr case was a different issue I think. Also it appears the union is taking advantage of their group there.

Last edited:

jenltuli

During the two hour meeting they kept asking me the same questions over and over again. thats what took so long. Also the LM wasn't understanding why the story he got from the center manager was different than what I was telling him. He even asked me "well why didn't you tell "center manager" that? I told the LM I did you must be misunderstand I told him this from the begining. etc etc etc His word now against mine. I was there I have proof of that.
The evidence they have is:
I sheeted the package at my next delivery, therefore my center manager says I never attemtped like I said I did. Also the 3 packages I put nI1 when I attempted to deliver but could not find the suit that belong to the address. But my mistake I take full responsibility for my act. I told him that from that first day he ask me. I was not try to falsification of any thing. I told the truth. He is a racist a**h***! He has made snide comments about my race for about a year. He believes that I am stupid! Because I am Samoan. And treats me as such.
The BA has never said a word at my other grievence that I had either,
He doesn't even want to know what the story is. (he doesn't care) I have now found out that our Local is the worst in our state. When I talked to the attorney and the tdu. This union do Nothing! They are Lazy! Yet continue to get money out of everyones paycheck.

jenltuli

Also TIE, I never said all managers are jerks just this one. Our old center manager was awesome. But since we've had this guy alot of crap has gone on.

tieguy

Banned
Tie,

He never insinuated that all mngrs are "demonic", but there are some that would lie in heartbeat to cover their own rears. Since a complaint was called in by the customer, who knows if the center manager is hanging on by a thread there, and doing a little cya job.

The 2hr case was a different issue I think. Also it appears the union is taking advantage of their group there.

This guy though says he was discharged because his boss does not believe he made one delivery attempt?

He said they had a two hour labor hearing where his ba never opened his mouth. Well if thats the case then the company must have been presenting evidence against this guy for two hours. Whats the evidence? what they talk about for two hours? As I said managers don't fire one driver because they think he may have missed one stop and labor managers don't go to panel for one info notice not attached.

This guys story is not very believable unless he can come up with a little more concrete. My guess is he's holding back a few vital details.

tieguy

Banned
Tie,

cole I'm not worried about the demonic thing I'm just having a little fun with DS.

I do think our poster has some holes in his story and is missing some vital details that he needs to cover.

tieguy

Banned
Also TIE, I never said all managers are jerks just this one. Our old center manager was awesome. But since we've had this guy alot of crap has gone on.

fine then answer the questions.

whats the companys evidence against you? what you guys talk about for two hours in a labor hearing if the BA did not open his mouth.

tieguy

Banned
During the two hour meeting they kept asking me the same questions over and over again. thats what took so long. Also the LM wasn't understanding why the story he got from the center manager was different than what I was telling him. He even asked me "well why didn't you tell "center manager" that? I told the LM I did you must be misunderstand I told him this from the begining. etc etc etc His word now against mine. I was there I have proof of that.
The evidence they have is:
I sheeted the package at my next delivery, therefore my center manager says I never attemtped like I said I did. Also the 3 packages I put nI1 when I attempted to deliver but could not find the suit that belong to the address. But my mistake I take full responsibility for my act. I told him that from that first day he ask me. I was not try to falsification of any thing. I told the truth. He is a racist a**h***! He has made snide comments about my race for about a year. He believes that I am stupid! Because I am Samoan. And treats me as such.
The BA has never said a word at my other grievence that I had either,
He doesn't even want to know what the story is. (he doesn't care) I have now found out that our Local is the worst in our state. When I talked to the attorney and the tdu. This union do Nothing! They are Lazy! Yet continue to get money out of everyones paycheck.

Ok saw this after the fact.

So center manager knows you recorded the stop when you arrived at the next stop. And he has you for a NI1 when it should have been an address exception. Thats it?

You have no other discipline or talk withs for not recording or for recording attempts improperly?

jenltuli

fine then answer the questions.

whats the companys evidence against you? what you guys talk about for two hours in a labor hearing if the BA did not open his mouth.
They ask me why I did not deliver to her? I say I did stop she not in I did not leave a note.
them: You couldn't have deliver at this address then one minute later go back and attempt to deliver to her
Me: I didn't I sheet it when I deliver to this stop
center manager: You never went there
ME: I did go there you see on printout I deliver same address different suite
LM: So what your saying is that you were there but you didn't complete the stop until 1343? This is new information, why didn't you tell "center manager name here"
Me: I did tell him that
LM: no he says that you said you did make the stop in one minute it makes more sense now
Me: you must be misunderstand I told him this at the 1st and 2nd interview
center manager: Stop lying you never went there
LM: He said he made a mistake,
But you must know that these questions had gone on and on until finally the LM understood that it was sheeted at a different time
next the 3 packages that the center manager pulled from my truck on the 20th I could not find the suite to match on the address so I put NI1. He says I never went to these places. Yes I did One ended up being a Postal connections I did not know that. Another there are three buildings same address different suites I could not find the suite. Third one same thing. But I told him that in the 1st and 2nd interview. I am honest and I thought I was gonna get a warning or something not terminated. And for dishonesty when I told him what I did. My mistake I should have call in to find address on the 3.
any other question? I will tell you

tieguy

Banned
ok what kind of discipline or talk withs have you had for this before?

You realize that while you think the guy is a racist who hates somoans that he might actually believe he has a driver who is falsifying deliveries?

You realize that he has proof that you falsified one delivery by putting down not in 1 when it should have been handled as an address issue?
its nice that you say that you made a mistake and take full responsibility for the mistake but its still a falsified delivery attempt.

So they will say that you could not find the address per your statement and then willfully recorded it as a not in one attempt.

thats willfully misrepresenting the truth. So the question now to ask is this one mistake the guy made or is there a history of other deliveries where you put the wrong information down.

You need to get rid of the racist blame game. This guy did not create something to get rid of you. You made a very stupid mistake when you willfully entered that information incorrectly. If you don't have any other issues on record then hopefully the panel will think it a one time mistake. But you can not make this a blame the center manager defense. If you're serious about taking full responsibility for your mistakes then take him out of the blame picture. Its your screw up. thats what taking full responsibility means.

hopefully you do not have a track record of mistakes and you will get another chance. Learn from it. No one else but you put that delivery down as a not in 1.

jenltuli

ok what kind of discipline or talk withs have you had for this before?

You realize that while you think the guy is a racist who hates somoans that he might actually believe he has a driver who is falsifying deliveries?

You realize that he has proof that you falsified one delivery by putting down not in 1 when it should have been handled as an address issue?
its nice that you say that you made a mistake and take full responsibility for the mistake but its still a falsified delivery attempt.

So they will say that you could not find the address per your statement and then willfully recorded it as a not in one attempt.

thats willfully misrepresenting the truth. So the question now to ask is this one mistake the guy made or is there a history of other deliveries where you put the wrong information down.

You need to get rid of the racist blame game. This guy did not create something to get rid of you. You made a very stupid mistake when you willfully entered that information incorrectly. If you don't have any other issues on record then hopefully the panel will think it a one time mistake. But you can not make this a blame the center manager defense. If you're serious about taking full responsibility for your mistakes then take him out of the blame picture. Its your screw up. thats what taking full responsibility means.

hopefully you do not have a track record of mistakes and you will get another chance. Learn from it. No one else but you put that delivery down as a not in 1.
There have not ever been any other issue!

jenltuli

Also why would he think that when it has never happen before? And it all started with the cust complaint then pulled my send agains from the 20th? It doesn't make sense.
Question for you Tieguy: Have you ever given the wrong dates to the benefits center and screwed up someone's insurance? TWICE? Then that person had to spend alot of time getting it all straigtened back out?
Have you ever told someone that you didn't think so and so would cut it as a driver either who is the only other person of color in your center?

tieguy

Banned
Also why would he think that when it has never happen before? And it all started with the cust complaint then pulled my send agains from the 20th? It doesn't make sense.
Question for you Tieguy: Have you ever given the wrong dates to the benefits center and screwed up someone's insurance? TWICE? Then that person had to spend alot of time getting it all straigtened back out?
Have you ever told someone that you didn't think so and so would cut it as a driver either who is the only other person of color in your center?

Dude, No matter how it sounds I'm not trying to beat you up. Cole and red will give you their help. I'll give you mine. I'm management I'm not going to waste my time giving you any sympathy or kissing your but. You don't need that right now. But first you have to stop making excuses and focus in on the facts. The race thing is now an excuse that muddies the waters let go of it. Its possible your center manager does not like you. Your ethnicity may or may not be the reason. Right now its a distraction that won't do you any good. Yes I have looked at new hires before and thought they would not make it. Not for color but because of how they acted. At the same time I'm not going to maliciously fire someone when it takes so much time and effort to get them trained.

Cole I agree that the facts as this guy presents them are not capital murder if you compare them to other dishonety type cases. But the dishonesty factor is still there. customer tracks packages they are expecting and the exception shows they were not in. Customer knows we never attempted delivery. thats a bad deal.

Jenituli , it may seem petty but you have the task of trying to convince a panel that this was a failure on your part to follow methods and procedures and not an attempt to falsify deliveries.

Do you have any time planned or scheduled with your BA to review your case?

jenltuli

No excuse the racist part is what it is nothing I can do about it. I just want my record clear and my name clear. I want my job back, I need the insurance badly. And from a managers point of view How did I falsify the record? I attempted the delivery, Cust was NOT there. That was the 18th, on the 19th and 20th I did not have the package. Cust called in complaint on the 20th at 930am, package was delivered at 1127am on the 20th. I attempted on the 18th SHE