How to have fun in a retirement community for spring break?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by John Wilson, Feb 3, 2012.

1. John Wilson

John Wilson Banned

Hello all,

I am going to Florida with my family. We are staying with my grandma who lives in a retirement community type thing. They have their own houses, but they're all old people. I'm 26 years old and how can I make this fun?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Make sure you have your own car.
  3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Skip lunch to make sure you are really hungry at 4:00 PM for the early bird restaurant specials!

As an aside, kid, your grandparents won't be around forever. Forget about you having fun. Don't be selfish and try to learn something from people who have already "done it" !!
  4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Twister. Old people love twister.
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Bring booze.
  6. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at all the replies yet, but I have a feeling this is the best answer.
  7. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Original poster: The advice from the lady with a dog in her avatar is all the more reason you need a car.

You also might make yourself and everyone happy by agreeing to a date with Mrs. Konenfeld's granddaughter who also happened to get guilt tripped into visiting "Cemetary" village. Old people love playing matchmaker and you will both appreciate time away from the old timers.
  8. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I like Dave's answer. More has a great point, too. Mine are gone, now. I miss them dearly.

I think Ovah and I would have had those old people hootin' and hollerin', though! Booze and twister! Woo-hoo!!!
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This reminds me of when Kramer decided to move to the retirement community in Florida.
  10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

11. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

12. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

I wann go with you on that vacation, your bikini, my apron, booze and twister!! Sounds like a good week!!
  13. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I just thought of something better!

There are often widows in a retirement community. A young 26 year old stud such as yourself.....

Just sayin, you could make some 86 year old woman very happy!
  14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

The OP might have just thrown up in his mouth.
  15. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

May I ask where in Florida? I deliver to a few of those retirement communities, most have a nice clubhouse with pool and a few other things(pool table,ect.) other than that forget it. The weather has been extra warm where I am(south) nice pool weather although mine is still a bit cold for me(no heater).

Menotyou:Naked twister is better with the right person:wink2:
  16. rod

rod retired and happy

I just finnished a 4 week stay at my mother-in laws retirement park in Arizona. Walk around the park starting about 4:00 in the afternoon and I guarantee you will find a group or 2 who are just starting their cocktail hour which lasts til 10:00 or 11:00. Them people love to party (especially Canadians). They are old -not dead.