How's the view???........

1.8 million square feet? Damn- my old center was about 5,000 sq.ft. and it was a total cluster ---- most of the time. I can't imagine how there can be any rhime or reason to a 1.8 million sq.ft. building. I guess if nothing else it would be easy to find a hiding place in.

Not really. We also have more cameras than Kodak.

UPS Lifer

Not really. We also have more cameras than Kodak.

The command center (control room) is 2 levels and has huge monitors. It looks like it is the control room for the Houston Space Center. Oh Yeah! There is a manager that runs just the command center nothing else! I came from South Holland Ill. to see the facility. A couple of years later my cousin was telling me that lived next to a huge UPS facility. I asked him to take me there to see it. I could not believe that he lived 10 minutes from CACH!

You have to go see this facility if you are ever in the Chicago area.

The command center (control room) is 2 levels and has huge monitors. It looks like it is the control room for the Houston Space Center. Oh Yeah! There is a manager that runs just the command center nothing else! I came from South Holland Ill. to see the facility. A couple of years later my cousin was telling me that lived next to a huge UPS facility. I asked him to take me there to see it. I could not believe that he lived 10 minutes from CACH!

You have to go see this facility if you are ever in the Chicago area.

That would be Yard Control and Flow Control.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am not sure that a lot of UPSers know how truly big CACH is. Where most other hub operations have 1 manager running everything, each hub sort has a division manager running it. Every operation within the hub operation is run by a manager such as small sort, outbound, inbound, etc. When I was there the shifters numbered about 90 - bigger than a lot of package centers. CACH is a district unto itself (unless things changed during the reorganization). The small sort alone takes up an area larger than most hubs!

It is a unique place to work!
As is UPS, js...

Cementups

Box Monkey
My boy's 3rd birthday party today (daughter on right and niece on left)

IMG_4893.jpg

old levi's

blank space
Hey, Stephanie wants to chat and she's online now.
She only 2.8 miles away. I hope she wants to do more than chat, because it's been a while and I'm loaded for bear.

How far is Stephanie from your location? I'm gonna take a WAG and say 2.8 miles. How can that be?

He loves his trains. That's all he asked for for his birthday.

Yeah she is 6 now. She's the tallest girl in her class. My wife is 5'7" and she is already up to her boobs. And the darn thing just gets smarter every day too.

Maybe you should have said "shoulders". Boobs leaves a lot of leeway.