Hypothetical question. WWYD

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, he hit you! Now thats backwords.

Tell me about it. I was pissed. I had taken the time to go through all of the legal paperwork from the accident, typed up a written response which I then shared with the UPS lawyers who were impressed with my preparation. We went through the depositions and had a very solid case. UPS then made a business decision to settle rather than proceed with litigation.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Tell me about it. I was pissed. I had taken the time to go through all of the legal paperwork from the accident, typed up a written response which I then shared with the UPS lawyers who were impressed with my preparation. We went through the depositions and had a very solid case. UPS then made a business decision to settle rather than proceed with litigation.

That's logistics!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Looking back it was a sound business decision.

20k is 20k, its a lot of money. That being said, for something that was obviously that persons fault.

I would've seen UPS going after that guys insurance before giving money away. Its funny to me that UPS tries everything to not pay one of their employees disability, but will fork over huge amounts to someone else not employed here that was their fault.