I am now cancer free

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There comes a point where sitting around is no longer beneficial to my mental (or financial) health. My doctor told me that I would need 6 weeks to fully recover before going back to work and I choose to trust his judgement.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There comes a point where sitting around is no longer beneficial to my mental (or financial) health. My doctor told me that I would need 6 weeks to fully recover before going back to work and I choose to trust his judgement.
Following the doctor's orders makes a difference.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
10 weeks off recovering from surgery on my finger nearly ruined me financially.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just stumbled onto this thread !!
I'm glad everything's going OK and you have a healthy recovery.
It happens too often how quickly life takes you off the path you thought you'd be on for awhile.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I hope you are able to return gradually. Going back full blast will be physically hard.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Glad you are doing better, buddy. I'm sure all the dogs on your route miss you. You are a class act...take care and best of luck always.

BrownArmy

Good deal Sober!

Good luck with your recovery.

My Father went through some crazy mouth cancer...two years of radiation hell, jaw-line totally changed, but he's alive.

Step-mom, Mother, and Aunt dealt with cancer.

My Mother is a nurse...she calls cancer 'inevitable'... If you live long enough, you will die of cancer.

Our genes are programmed to keep us alive long enough to procreate...anything else is a bonus.

But now we have Science.

Glad you flipped the cancer script Sober.

oldngray

nowhere special
Cancer has the reputation of being almost inevitable if you live long enough. Which is why it is known as a disease of old people and being more common now that people live longer.

trickpony1

Some people think that everyone has cancer cells in them.
Our immune system suppresses them when we are young.
As we grow older our immune system weakens allowing the cancer cells to overcome.

....and, no, I'm not a doctor.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Here's hoping to a fast recovery. Glad they caught it early.

Let's hope ups treats you well too through this as stressful as it sounds too.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you can do some work hardening with your PT, that will help with returning to work.

This has been a really bad year for people that I know that were diagnosed with cancer. I am so happy for you and your family that yours is having a better outcome.

Ms.PacMan

Its been a rough month.

I had orthoscopic knee surgery on August 1st, the first day of my vacation.

Found out the very next day that I had kidney cancer. A tumor the size of a golf ball, on my right kidney. A week and a half ago, I had my entire right kidney removed. By the grace of God they got all the cancer out, I am cancer free, should make a full recovery and be back to work in early October.

I'm going to give a little advice. Advice #1: if you dont have supplemental disabililty insurance...GET IT. Even if you have to sacrifice a monthly payment on a toy in order to afford it. I did, and it kept this from being a financial hardship. Advice #2: if your doctor tells you to get something checked...DO IT. They actually caught my kidney cancer doing a scan of my liver that my doctor had ordered. They caught it BEFORE it spread to the rest of my body, which probably saved my life. I will now be doing whatever scans, tests etc that they want me to do in a timely manner and I suggest everyone else do the same!

The mailman on my route was dx'ed with kidney cancer last year. Stage 4, it was also in his lungs, brain, and thigh bone. They removed the kidney and gave him the immuno therapy and radiated his thigh and he's doing great one year later with no signs and friend cancer.

I hope you do as well!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I got the results back on the PET scan that I took a few days ago. Negative! I have to retake it in 6 months to a year, but for now I am cancer free to the best ability of modern medicine to detect!