I feel my sup/business man. Will try to fire me tomorrow.......

Macramento85

Long story short, no important details missing; thrown out on route, blind, I mean BLIND BLIND BLIND, NO MAPS, NO DIAD CRADLE, NO NAVIGATION AT ALL. Do not know the route at all. Used personal phone until battery died, maps soft key gave wrong directions, off completely. (Before some dummy asks, yes I can follow directions, yes I know N, E, W, S, yes I'm sure soft key maps was wrong with provided info) can they fire me for not having any tools to do my job? Tools 99% of every other drivers had every day? I went in today and my stewards said your getting paid your 8 today and nothings happening today we will address this tomorrow morning, be here on time. One more question, because if this is going the way I feel it is, I'll get my job back with pay for time missed, I would like some options senior guys have found out on how to :censored2: these weenies over every single day for the rest of my career here. I know grieve everything, but are there some stipulations that aren't normally used but by contract can be used to throw monkey wrenches in the cogs of this machine?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Bury them in grievances. Give them a taste of what the next 20+ years will look like. Do the job right aka safely and methods, and they will hate you but can’t do anything.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
sounds like your on road supervisors are as lazy as ours…it’s not your fault kid UPS isn’t training you properly

@Dragon what seems to be the issue with getting your precious on road supervisors to man up and start training…( peaks in 6 months FYI 😂)
✊🧔‍♂️

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Long story short, no important details missing; thrown out on route, blind, I mean BLIND BLIND BLIND, NO MAPS, NO DIAD CRADLE, NO NAVIGATION AT ALL. Do not know the route at all. Used personal phone until battery died, maps soft key gave wrong directions, off completely. (Before some dummy asks, yes I can follow directions, yes I know N, E, W, S, yes I'm sure soft key maps was wrong with provided info) can they fire me for not having any tools to do my job? Tools 99% of every other drivers had every day? I went in today and my stewards said your getting paid your 8 today and nothings happening today we will address this tomorrow morning, be here on time. One more question, because if this is going the way I feel it is, I'll get my job back with pay for time missed, I would like some options senior guys have found out on how to :censored2: these weenies over every single day for the rest of my career here. I know grieve everything, but are there some stipulations that aren't normally used but by contract can be used to throw monkey wrenches in the cogs of this machine?

Take your lunch from 12-1 everyday
You will be surprised what that will do

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Did you sheet everything if not they’ll use dishonesty to try and fire you

PPH_over_9000

You don't use your personal phone to do this job.

Your steward is not your boss and can not fire you. He is supposed to protect your job.

So I eventually learned to communicate everything through the DIAD, and only use my phone on my terms. That said, going out blind on a route with no mapnav and an unreliable map feature would have me using my phone pretty often.

I know the short answer is maps, but how did you guys find the really out-of-place addresses back before all this new DIAD tech? Like, say a house has an address listing it off of a main highway but it's actually 3 miles down Sarah's Happy Pl, with several houses before it that are actually addressed to Sarah's Happy Pl with different street numbers altogether. Did y'all just drive around knocking on doors or what?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I eventually learned to communicate everything through the DIAD, and only use my phone on my terms. That said, going out blind on a route with no mapnav and an unreliable map feature would have me using my phone pretty often.

I know the short answer is maps, but how did you guys find the really out-of-place addresses back before all this new DIAD tech? Like, say a house has an address listing it off of a main highway but it's actually 3 miles down Sarah's Happy Pl, with several houses before it that are actually addressed to Sarah's Happy Pl with different street numbers altogether. Did y'all just drive around knocking on doors or what?
Clerk would send a post card

Cowboy Mac

No such number. The customer will usually call in after 2 or 3 days of this and give written directions.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Sarah’s Happy PL? Lol