I hate shippers that lie...............

sano

Maybe our customers days are just as unpredictable as ours.

In a former life I owned a company that shipped UPS. We would estimate the evening before how many packages we had going out for the following day. However, mid morning we may get a big order in from a customer. If we had all the items in stock and had the manpower to pack the order up we would ship it that day yet.

One of the things that kept us shipping with UPS was the fact that our driver was always respectful and worked with us.

It is all about the customer.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sano, did you have a scheduled p/u? It's not the scheduled ones that are the issue. It has happened way too many times with ODS p/u's. I understand the scheduled, not a big deal. We just deal with what come up. LOL

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Hey I drive 200 miles a day and as far as Im concerned I wish every pick-up was an on-route pick-up. With that said though if I need to come back I come back, remember this ounce of flexability is what seperates us from Fed-Ex. Thier drivers dont run as tight of an area as the average UPS driver does which affords us a little more flexability when it comes to returning in the afternoon. Besides I get paid by the hour and you get a chance to look like a hero to the customer. Granted some customers dont care but the vast majority of them do.

sano

Sano, did you have a scheduled p/u? It's not the scheduled ones that are the issue. It has happened way too many times with ODS p/u's. I understand the scheduled, not a big deal. We just deal with what come up. LOL

Yes, we were scheduled.
Thinking back we prob were not a favorite of our driver. We had very unpredictable volume. Like 2 one day and 50 or 70 the next. Worse, we were shipping oversize packages so we would fill 2 entire cars on heavy days.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yes, we were scheduled.
Thinking back we prob were not a favorite of our driver. We had very unpredictable volume. Like 2 one day and 50 or 70 the next. Worse, we were shipping oversize packages so we would fill 2 entire cars on heavy days.
LOL we have 1 or 2 shippers that are like that. One is haz-mat. It is what it is and we just deal with it. It is a day in the life.................

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Really? Could you tell my management team that?
LOL
Taken out of context, that does not sound right!
Pickups are the only thing we get paid for at UPS but technically it is not a guaranteed service.
However, it is the most important service we provide.
Go figure.

DS

Fenderbender
one of my pickups sells bikes...sometimes I get an oncall for 45 bikes...I kick it out with a comment,45 bikes is 6 skids,send a 5 ton