I MADE IT!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by reydluap, Jan 2, 2008.

1. reydluap

reydluap Active Member

WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!! I MADE IT!!!!! 30 years in as of today!!!

2. old brown shoe

old brown shoe 30 year driver

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Now what stay or leave?
    :clap::clap::clap:

3. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Great news.

4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Congrats Paul !! :wink2:

5. brazenbrown

brazenbrown New Member

30 YEARS, WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

CONGRATULATIONS!:thumbup1:

6. 71chevy

71chevy Member

I'd get the heck out a Dodge!!!!!!

7. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I congratulate you, and admire the achievement. I hope I can post that same thing here, in 6 1/2 yrs! Enjoy!!!!

8. reydluap

reydluap Active Member

I'm sticking it out for a few more years. I'm 48 years old. Healthy and have a well set up PAS route. I really enjoy seeing the people on my route. When UPS becomes work.....I'll throw in the towel.

9. Channahon

Channahon New Member

Happy UPS Anniversary!!
    You are a trooper - did you ever think you'd stay this long?
    Time for the countdown to retirement???

10. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Congrats. I'm 6 months away from being half way there.

12. DS

DS Fenderbender

Thats around 50.000 hours...I'm hoping I can hang in there 10 more years,those bowflex deliveries are a bitch with a walker...I did a search for this day in history...rhino records released thier first LP,a week later Ted Bundy is accused of murder,and fantasy island debuts on tv...kind of weird thinking back to what I was doing 30 years ago....I was working at music distributors for a few years selling 8 tracks,LP's and cassettes. I asked the boss for $15 an hour and he topped out at $12.50 and one day I got talking to the ups driver doing our pickup...the rest is history.
    I have to hand it to you ,and I'm impressed that you still like your job.
    cheers.

13. 25yrvet

25yrvet New Member

Congrats!!

It's great that you still enjoy it!
    I useta love it; now days I just like it, but how mant people can say that about their job?

14. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

CONGRATS!! At 23, I can't see myself staying with an employer for long than 3 years and certainly no longer than 5. I also have this insatiable wanderlust. If I like the employer and I'm still feeling happy and challenged by the job, I'll ask for a transfer. If not....the grass looks soft and green on the other side of that fence!:happy-very: -Rocky

15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

1st off, Rey Congrats on the thirty. Here's hoping that the next nine seem like a moment in time. Good Luck to you.

2nd, Rocky. When I was 23 I was ten foot tall and bullet proof also. I just knew nothing would ever happen to me that could jeopardize my future but I woke up one morning and wondered how I was gonna pay for the necessities of life without a job, insurance and a retirement of some type and realized that only through longevity with one company/career could I hedge my bet on live. Good Luck to you

16. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

this quote speaks volumes on your generation, grow up and get a job that will give you a better financial life!!!! ding matt holiday want to get away lol lol lol go sox

17. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

To the author: congratulations on 30 years! Did UPS give you a nice plague and some aleve? :biting:

You are correct, but it's more an age/immaturity thing than generation. Don't you remember what it's like to be early 20's? I would imagine once you reach 28-33 generally people start think more about the future rather than just the present.

Personally 29 here with 7 years part and full time, 4.5 pension payable. I never expected to be UPS'ing it until 30 but it looks that way.

This job has helped achieve some of my goals per endeavors as a musician, so as I really dislike my job and dealing with unhappy customers 8 hours a day and their problems, the big picture is what really counts. Plus the hours are killer (11:30-8:30)

18. reydluap

reydluap Active Member

To the author: congratulations on 30 years! Did UPS give you a nice plague and some aleve?

They presented me a plaque, key chain, two cakes and AN 8 HOURS OF WORK DAY! In the plaque box was the gift award catalog and I'm actually very impressed with the choices that I can choose from. But the 8 hour day was the best!

19. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Did you have to put in a request 2 days before that or did they do it out of the kindness of their hearts?:happy-very:

20. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Nicely done.
    I hit my 30th last year & it took mgt 7 months to find the time to give me my stuff, as for food they sent over some & came by to eat it all.