I think I really need help..

cachsux (nice name btw.)

1 Youre right I am in the middle of the pack but I see lower seniority workers going home all the time before me but I am under the impression if they are not from your dock it does not matter. Is that wrong?

2 i appreciate the info on management and their wages but Im afraid its useless for me now.

3 Is that for the entire outbound? Say someone on a different dock has less seniority and goes home before me, is that grounds for a grievance?

4 Never knew that. The entire time Ive worked at UPS that has been the way things like this were dealt with.

5 I do schedule right. My jobs are usually ending right before or beginning right after the sort. I always allow about a half hour of wiggle room but I dont think its right the way ups can expand and retract their hours at will like during peak season where I have to come sometimes 2-3 hours earlier than usual and stay 2-3 later than usual. I can see expanding the sort by an hour in the beginning and at the end but not by 2 or 3.

you should have known not to trust management specially with 5 years on the job. i have seen them try too many tricks to get ppl to
work harder/faster/longer. the worst part is alot of sups will throw you under the bus if **** goes sideways. as for you trying to become a sup
i understand you need the money but you have to understand becoming management comes with a higher risk of getting fired and alot
more stress of making you rage or quit. i normally get a letter every year asking if i want to become a sup which i destroy but you should always
be able to ask someone in management if you are trying to become a sup.

AMEN!

I havent been interested in going into management for a while now. I know the risks. And they just are not worth it.
I have never gotten a letter about that. EVER.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
cachsux (nice name btw.)

1 Youre right I am in the middle of the pack but I see lower seniority workers going home all the time before me but I am under the impression if they are not from your dock it does not matter. Is that wrong?

2 i appreciate the info on management and their wages but Im afraid its useless for me now.

3 Is that for the entire outbound? Say someone on a different dock has less seniority and goes home before me, is that grounds for a grievance?

4 Never knew that. The entire time Ive worked at UPS that has been the way things like this were dealt with.

5 I do schedule right. My jobs are usually ending right before or beginning right after the sort. I always allow about a half hour of wiggle room but I dont think its right the way ups can expand and retract their hours at will like during peak season where I have to come sometimes 2-3 hours earlier than usual and stay 2-3 later than usual. I can see expanding the sort by an hour in the beginning and at the end but not by 2 or 3.

Dock? Do you work with UPS freight or something? Sorry, I have no idea on the freight's contract, I work in UPS small package. But here, they're not suppose to send you home (unless volunteered) before any pter with less seniority than you who you are qualified to do their work. I doubt its not the same in freight.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Upstate NY and LI are two entirely different worlds...Dave would probably have a lot to say on that topic lol. Kid, I really don't give a flying turd where you came from...it really doesn't matter to me, or a bunch of people on here. We'd just like you to get back to the rock you crawled out from under. Callate y cierra la boca por favor. Ole!!! Lmao Feeling at home yet??

Nope, racist much?

Yep, sad to have two jobs. This is the reason why I think this job is only for 17-25 yr olds. I don't get why someone over 25 yrs old who want to work as a part timer getting 3-4 hours a day. They might as well give up on life. No offense.
I work for a multi-national billion dollar company and will not have access to a full time position for atleast 5 more years. Probably 10.